Aussie Good Neighbours give the lie to the "Spirit of The World"

by BluesBrother 4 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Sorry about the mistaken false post and it would not do an edit...The post is to show this video which is similar to what I saw on T V

http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/national/-/watch/23857523/volunteers-descend-on-brisbane/

Now what does the WT say in the case of disaster, that the world only helps themselves and selfishness and opportunism rule . Play the vid, (get past the advert) and see about the "Army of volunteers " that descended on Brisbane to help..As one of them said "We are Australians, we help our mates" even though they are mostly strangers.

No doubt there are some dubs there too helping out...They will be directed to their own Witnesses, of course and to clean up Kingdom Halls in time for the meeting !

• penny2
    penny2

It's good to see and there seems to be good leadership too, with the army being brought in. Hopefully some JWs will be volunteering with the general community.

• yesidid
    yesidid
    It's good to see and there seems to be good leadership too, with the army being brought in. Hopefully some JWs will be volunteering with the general community.

I wouldn't too much money on it. They may be helping but it will probably be their own.

• Gemmel
    Gemmel

Personally I can't recall the org every doing an act of charity for anyone in need outside the org. One of the reasons i knew they weren't gods org.

Gemmel

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I've noticed the Aussie media has stopped doing stories on the devastation and deaths, and have been focusing on the clean-up efforts, particularly in Brisbane.

It has been amazing to see people just pitching in to do what is a smelly, dirty job for complete strangers. In fact, there were so many ppl wanting to help the Red Cross and Brisbane Council had to set up a registry in order to coordinate the efforts of those wishing to help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit