Weather and the Dubs....

by lydia 6 Replies latest jw friends

• lydia
    lydia

The weather here has been very strange to say the least....
    I live in an area that usually gets snow and very cold temps.. but this year it is as if we are having spring early....
    So I guess my question for all is.....What - if anything- do you think that the Dubs would say about it??
    Is it a preclude to Armmageddon??
    What are your thoughts on the weather??

• Mulan
    Mulan

Well, my atheist, environmentalist-brother, says it's global warming, and the earth is dying, etc. etc.

Where we live, we usually are having 40-50 degrees this time of year, but we're in our second snowstorm of the year, and it is about 25 degrees. I don't care. We are off to Florida on Thursday. (unless they close the airport..........horrors!!)

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

I appreciate your concern for the beliefs of
    of Jehovah's Witness's

as a current servant of Jehovahs .. I would say
    " These weather conditions suck becuase I have to
    drive that much farther to find a decent terrain park
    for my Burton"........

but maybe a majority of the witnesses would say.
    'i bet the antis are figuring we will say something
    about the global warming being a sign of Armageddon...damn
    those people are stupid'

however.....a sign of the end is the bad habits of men....+ + +

• Celia
    Celia

Hi Lydia,
    You wouldn't happen to live in the North East, would you ?
    Strange winter here indeed.
    But snow and sleet are on the way for tonight and tomorrow.

• lydia
    lydia

Yes I live in th US NorthEast I hope that something happens soon - my tulips and daffodils are trying to come up already - I don't want to lose all 400 bulbs again!

• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf

I don't know about the temperature [I am in the Northeast US and it's a balmy 60 here today - last Monday it was snowing like mad] but I can remember driving up the Garden State Parkway with my JW fiance more than a decade ago when a typical summer thunderstorm began. The forked lightning we could see on the polluted horizon was orange - pretty cool actually - but it scared him to death. That and the fact that traffic began slowing down [not unusual on the Parkway if your familiar with it] he began to say things like, "This has never happened before - I've never seen anything like this before -" He was scared.

That's when I started to realize his devotion to the org was getting out of hand. I'll never forget how he looked and how relieved he was when the storm was over and the world was still here.

Silverleaf

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

cheee! i found in my 30 years in that group that it was common misconception that the weather was part of the sign..

not sure how this got to be, but, underneath the official partyline, there were always deep currents of 'alternative' beliefs on the part of many... in my expereince less than 50% understood what the WT was on about!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit