What are the chances?

by mamalove 5 Replies latest jw friends

• mamalove
    mamalove

I attended a huge well known "show" for the industry I am in today. I walk in and who do I see to my right? My elder uncle who I have not seen or spoke to in almost 2 years. What are the freaking odds? This show attracts people from all over the world, and he is right there. He did not see me, and I just stared for a bit. He is my moms brother. So weird that I could not go over and hug him and say hello for fear he would walk away from me and embarass me in front of the work associate I was with.

Just wanted to share that because it was so bizarre to see him standing there in flesh and blood.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

That is weird, and they say this religion doesn't break up families, or at least strain families. Utter nonsense. Its so weird running into someone disfellowshipped or disassociated. Just awkward. Being a JW is awkward enough socially without the sanctions. You sure he didn't see you? There's been times I've seen someone DFd, and I just act like I didn't see them, and try to avoid having contact with them in general so as to avoid an awkward situation.

• manicmama
    manicmama

As the old saying goes, you can pick your friends but not your relatives. Sorry. MM

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Oh, you should've run over and given him a big hug, LOL!

• flipper
    flipper

MAMALOVE- I tend to agree with JamieBowers . If you had gone up and hugged him - any negative action he would have taken would have made HIM look bad . And it may have given you opportunity to explain how wack JW's are to your workmates. I understand though it might have been embarrassing for you- but what's REALLY embarrassing is the WT society's barbaric, inhumane policy's. So sorry you have been hurt by this cult. I get shunning treatment from my JW daughters so I understand. It's tragic. Peace, love & hugs to you. Mr. Flipper

• mamalove
    mamalove

Misery, I don't think he saw me, but I guess he could have. I was a chicken because I was with a supplier. I should have been brave and went up to him. Next time maybe. I don't like myself for not saying hello. Afterall, we live 50 miles away from each other.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit