Arizona shooter possible cult connection???

by WingCommander 9 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I was just reading an article about the Arizona shooter on abcnews.com and several red flag moments popped up for me. Here is a direct link to the article, page 2 specifically:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jared-lee-loughner-family-portrait-isolation/story?id=12587114&page=2

Why do I say this? Well, let's look at the evidence. His family moved into the neighbourhood in 1986, and were seemingly normal. Had a child (the shooter) in 1988. Then, the father quits work to become a full-time dad while the mother works for the city. Then, all of a sudden they start becoming more and more reclusive, to the point that they are isolationists, and have contempt for everyone around them. Now, I'm not saying that they are necessarily JW's, but it sure sounds like some sort of cult interruption upon the family. I mean really, the whole situation sounds quite "JW familiar", don't you think? JW dad quits work to pioneer cause the "end is near" then after a few months the bills start showing up so mom decides to get a job so they all have benefits. (think lunch lady at a school even, they get al government benefits, even part time). They but into the JW (or other cult) mentality more and more, us VS. them attitude, withdrawl from society, and their son's life becomes a living hell. (how many of us born-in's can relate?)

Authorities are just starting to look into this kid's home life, and already the red flags are going up. I'm just waiting to see what religious influence caused this contention and created such a dysfunctional home life.

- Wing Commander

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

That's very interesting, WingCommander. They were interviewing the next door neighbor on the local news last night, and asking the usual questions about the family, the parents, etc. The neighbor i'm sure said they WOULD NOT socialize with the neighbors, would not talk to anyone. He was saying that it was purposeful, rather than just that no one happened to know them.

• whataburger
    whataburger

I see your points, but I would like to point out that every time something bad happens anywhere in the world, someone posts on here that they are sure there is a JW connection.

I was born into, and raised in this religion. I have since learned it is all a joke, and not a very funny one. I stated this so that you can understand how upset I am about the WTBS and the friends and family that are ensared in this trap.

But it makes me laugh whenever I see a post like this. Whenever a bad event happens somewhere in the world, its like a timer starts ticking before someone posts here about a possible connection to the JW's.

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

Doesn't sound like JWs. They try to be friendly with their neighbours so they can preach to them and hopefully start a Bible study.

• james_woods
    james_woods

What was he doing with a human skull alter in the back yard? They kept showing it on TV all day yesterday. That and the dope smoking reported do not sound like a JW connection.

My take is this: It was not the JWs, it was not Sarah Palin, it was not the internet or talk radio - this kid was very simply CRAZY and nobody took the responsibility to do anything about it. That should have started with the family (news is reporting a weird incident where the kid ran away from his father early Saturday morning "with a black bag in hand" before the shooting.) The university tried to notify authorities about his weird behavior last summer, but nothing came of it.

Maybe Sheriff Dupnik needs to explain why they didn't take this kid in for observation back then instead of spouting his leftist politics constantly on TV.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

For the record, Wing Commander didn't say he thinks the family were JWs, only that they seem cultish like JWs are. And they DO.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    For the record, Wing Commander didn't say he thinks the family were JWs, only that they seem cultish like JWs are. And they DO.

I agree to that. There is definately something pretty far out there about them. I for one simply cannot buy into the notion that the family "had no idea" that this kid was dangerously off his rocker.

• freydo
    freydo

Jared Loughner may have been influenced by occult

By Nick Allen, Tucson 9:40PM GMT 10 Jan 2011

In messages left on the internet before the shooting Loughner, 22, revealed himself to be a social outcast with paranoid, nihilistic beliefs and a fixation with grammar. At a public meeting with Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords three years ago he asked: "What is government if it doesn't exist?"

It left the politician baffled.

According to the Southern Poverty Law Centre, a US civil rights group, Loughner's language and beliefs appeared to resemble those of David Wynn Miller, a Milwaukee-based activist who believes that the US government uses grammar to control people's minds.

Miller, 62, a retired welder, has described himself as a plenipotentiary judge, ambassador, banker, genius and King of Hawaii, and invented his own form of grammar called "truth language", that is said to set people free of the government.

FBI agents combing through Loughner's life will also explore whether he was an enthusiast of the occult after a fake skull was found at his home, sitting in a plant pot with shrivelled oranges. There were candles next to it in what appeared to be some form of shrine.

The skull was concealed behind camouflage sheeting outside the home he shares with parents Amy and Randy in a middle-class area lined with palm trees. Classmates and neighbours described Loughner as "creepy" and "an emotional cripple," and said he used to ask teachers questions about mind control in class.

They said he was an atheist who also believed that Nasa space shuttle missions, which have been flown by Miss Giffords' astronaut husband Mark Kelly, were faked.........."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/us-politics/8251085/Gabrielle-Giffords-shooting-Jared-Loughner-may-have-been-influenced-by-occult.html

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

The onset of schizophrenia occurs in early adulthood, so it fits Loughner, who apparently was "normal" before. When Loughner became an adult, his parents would have been limited legally in what they could do for him or force him to do. Very sad.

• freydo
    freydo

Arizona shooting update: Jared Loughner used salvia says friend, schizophrenia?

In a video interview today with ABC, a high school friend of the alleged gunman behind the Arizona shooting massacre said that Jared Loughner had used salvia. Zach Osler spoke with Ashleigh Banfield and described how Jared Loughner had changed into someone he now describes as “looking like a monster.” Continue reading on Examiner.com: Arizona shooting update: Jared Loughner used salvia says friend, schizophrenia? - National US Headlines | Examiner.comhttp://www.examiner.com/us-headlines-in-national/arizona-shooting-update-jared-loughner-used-salvia-says-friend-schizophrenia#ixzz1As0nzLWs

"A powerful and legal hallucinogenic herb is gaining popularity among teenagers and young adults. Salvia divinorum is also raising concerns among parents and lawmakers across the country. The herb, sometimes called "Magic Mint," "Ska Maria Pastora" or "Sally D," is widely available on the Internet and at some tobacco shops, head shops and stores selling herbal remedies. Critics say it is being marketed and sold misleadingly as producing a high; in fact, it induces an intense, dreamlike experience that can be unpleasant for first-time users. Two states have banned Salvia. Legislation to make it a controlled substance has failed twice in Congress."

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5290545

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit