Vote issue stumbled studying work colleage

by artemis.design 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• artemis.design
    artemis.design

It is my opinion everyone has the choice to follow JW path if they choose. What angers me is that half the time, people don't realise what they are getting themselves into. My work college had been studying for quite a while. I asked, had they been informed about the practices such as shunning, no blood ect. Yes, that had been discussed. I didn't mention it again. Then last week we were dscussing politics, and I mentioned JWs were not allowed to vote.This was the stumbling block, my college was a union rep, a school govenor, and quite heavily into politics. And yet no one mentioned at any point, that voting was a no no. When my college consulted them as why they did not mention this, they could not answer. As far as I know, my college has had no further contact with them. So I think this counts as my first de-witness, even if they would probaly have left of their own accord in time.

Thought I'd share :) Arte

• alanv
    alanv

Thanks for that artemis. It is common practice among witnesses not to talk about anything that might put the person off. So they always start with non confrontational topics.

If he had been very into the local church, they would hold back from telling them about how the JWs feel about them.

The hope is that all the positives about the religion outweigh the disadvantages.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

good job. and they hold back from topics that they know would be a block untill they have more "faith"

• chickpea
    chickpea

good oh! here is hoping there will be MANY more notches in your belt!

i have, since my departure, developed a counter to the "when you vote for someone
    you are responsible for all their decisions in office" with this: then YOU must be responsible
    for the molestation of children when the WTS shuffles pedophiles to different congregations
    without warning parents AND are responsible for the suicides linked to the policy of shunning...
    after all, you continue to promote this religion with door to door proselytizing.....

<crickets>

• Gayle
    Gayle

artemis,,congratulations!,,you helped one person to not waste their time and life in JWs. If each of us help 'one' person to avoid getting into JWs, then that is wonderful. It is a cunning religion to get their converts. There is not a 'full' disclosure till after baptism, even then it is gradual.

• poppers
    poppers

ooooh, chickpea, that goes right to the heart. Good one! I bet that shuts them up fast.

• designs
    designs

Knowing which lids to open helps, nice job.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit