Homeless man, Ted Williams has JW connection

by dinah 9 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
  • Chalam
    Chalam

Awesome, thanks for posting!

Ted is a brother in Christ-see him speak about what happened to him in 2010 here :)

Mother: Reunion with homeless son ‘a dream’

BTW his mother is a Christian, his father was a JW.

God bless you!

Stephen

• minimus
    minimus

See! The Theocratic Ministry School made him the speaker that he is!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

It's just so heart melting. God bless him.

BTS

• Think About It
    Think About It

What a wonderful story. I hope the guy makes it and keeps things turned around.

Think About It

• Violia
    Violia

I just love a happy story. Dad was a Jws. Hummm wonder if he will talk about that . Mom is not jws as she mentions a church she attends.

Everyone should get a second chance and some of us may need more.

Remeinds me of a line from a Jim Steinman song " dancing for the desperate and broken hearted..."

I put this on my facebook b/c it just makes me feel so good. I wish him all the best.

• DanaBug
  • Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

His recording is sooo cool. Poor guy knows he's been given a second chance....the pressure to perform must be heavy. You go Ted! We're all behind you buddy!

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I don't think I liked his Mom when she said "Don't disappoint me" in a smug attitude towards the end . You sure she wasn't a JW? She didn't need to tell him that in front of everyone or even say it at all.....I don't know why but it seems like that would just tear him down again ..

He should do it for him..not her.

Don't know, just didn't feel the love. I only watched the one video maybe I am misreading her..

But he cleaned up real nice didn't he?

Other announcers that became famous with a voice like his:

Don Lafontaine

Don Pardo

Danny Dark

Ernie Anderson

I wish him the best.

Snoozy..off to fix some Kraft Macaroni and Cheese...

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Yeah, the mom is something, but I really don't blame her, if you have kids with addictions and you hear the same song over and over again . . so I understand where she's coming from. Remember that Judge Mathis always tells the story that when he was a wayward youth and was locked up, the jail called his mom and she said "leave him there", needless to say, he's seen the light, and leads his life now accordingly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit