The Memorial - New Covenant

by lriddle80 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

So, I went to the memorial tonight. I've been out for about 10 years, but I went at my husband's suggestion to placate my parents. I listened to the talk and about 90% of what they said, I agreed with. The part about the new covenant, though, made me kind of upset because I understand all believers are part of the new covenant and I don't agree with their logic. (also the logic that we don't choose to be born the first time, so we can't possibly choose to be born again)

That being said. What is the purpose that Satan could have in making people believe they weren't a part of the new covenant?

I just thought, a little leaven spoils the whole loaf...

• fukitol
    fukitol

JW's doctrine on the new covenant is one of the most obviously screwed up and perverted doctrines of the JW's.

The scriptures clearly show all Christians partook, as they were all commanded to, and there is not such thing as a 'true Christian' who is not in the new covenant. There is no such thing in scripture as a mere 'observer' of the memorial.

The new covenant is about forgiveness of sins, not about a destination (heaven v earth).

As all Israelites were in the old covenant, even proselytes, so all Christians are in the new covenant.

It's obvious that the great crowd in Revelation must be in the new covenant. They have washed their robes in the blood of the lamb and are even standing in the 'naos' itself before God.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

So, if they can deceive people into thinking that they are not in the new covenant, but still believe in Jesus sacrifice to cover their sins....what is the harm in this...really?

Of course, there is the fact that it is incorrect, but what is the purpose of deceiving these people? To keep them from really being saved?

It's just that my whole family (not my husband or son) is in it and I wonder if they are really saved. They believe in the sacrifice of Jesus to forgive their sins, but do not believe they are born again or that they are a part of the new covenant. Is this the point? Since they don't believe these things, they aren't saved and so that is Satan's plan to deceive millions (as was pointed out tonight as to the number of non-partakers)

• fukitol
    fukitol

Satan isn't deceiving anyone. The ancient Jewish priests and scribes deceived everyone with scary stories about a blood thirsty, vengeful God in order to scare the people into obedience and submission, and to keep those tasty meat sacrifices coming in that only the non-working priests were permitted to eat.

You've got to shed your mind of ancient superstition and fables.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    There are a ton of scriptures that say all who believe in Jesus have life, 1john 5 says it's a guarantee and to say different is calling God a liar. There is also several places where it's written that God shows no favoritism. In a nut she'll this two party doctrine was made up because Rutherford thought he was part of the anointed 144 and thought he was better then everyone else. That's what this religion is truly about serving a bunch or aragant old men.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Only Christ's brothers & sisters should eat and drink the bread and wine "worthily".

(1 Corinthians 11:27)

According to The Holy Scriptures, Who Are Jesus' "Brothers & Sisters"?

(Matthew 12:50) whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother."

(Matthew 13:38) The field is the world; as for the fine seed, these are the sons of the kingdom;

(Matthew 25:40) To the extent that YOU did it to one of the least of these my brothers, YOU did it to me.

(Mark 3:35) Whoever does the will of God, this one is my brother and sister and mother."

(Luke 8:21) In reply he said to them: "My mother and my brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it."

(John 1:12,13) However, as many as did receive him, to them he gave authority to become God’s children.........

(Rom. 8:14) For all who are led by God’s spirit, these are God’s sons.

(1 John 5:1) Every one who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God..........(RSV)

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

naos

1. used of the temple at Jerusalem, but only of the sacred edifice (or sanctuary) itself, consisting of the Holy place and the Holy of Holies (in classical Greek it is used of the sanctuary or cell of the temple, where the image of the god was placed which is distinguished from the whole enclosure)

2. any heathen temple or shrine

3. metaph. the spiritual temple consisting of the saints of all ages joined together by and in Christ

• B4Right
    B4Right

What you all are saying is correct but if the GB says the bible was written for the anointed- then when Jesus says "All" of course he is talking to the anointed!

you are not going to convince anyone who believes that crap!

• prologos
    prologos
    B4Right, good new argument. but: Hebr 12:23, written for the first Christians, says " -- you have APPROACHED the congregation of the first born [ones]" so, even in the first century there were Christians, personally addressed in the bible that were not of the exclusive 144k. after all the sealing started with Stephen, the first of those martyred, a hallmark of being chosen out of the general Christian population, that was listening to the letter written ~since the fall of Jerusalem.
  • Fernando
    Fernando

If one is blinded to the "Good News" (per 2 Cor 4:4) then it is not possible to "obey the Good News" and to embrace salvation as a "free gift".

It is also not possible to receive the free gifts of imputed righteousness and imputed holiness.

Just how bad is the blindness?

A few simple questions can reveal the darkness followers of the Watchtower find themselves in:

• Please explain the "Good News" according to Paul from your heart (more than half their own Bible's references to "good news" are by Paul)
    • What is the gospel in one word?
    • Is legalism apostasy?
    • Is clericalism apostasy?
    • Is magisterium apostasy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit