My story

by whathappened 24 Replies latest jw friends

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello and hearty welcome, "What Happened"!!!

Leaving quoted you...

Anyway, I am going to approach my daughter and son in law about my decision to leave the truth this weekend. I am hoping she wont shun me.

and then said:

Please read both of Hassan's books before even thinking about telling them.

~~~

AGREED!!!!! Please do not tell them until you have more of a handle on your new-found truths and how your loved ones will react, if you do not want to be shunned.

Love,
    Baba.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Hello and welcome! Thanks for sharing your story. I never married in the JWs, and I'm glad I didn't. There weren't many men to chose from, and of those, few could be considered a decent man.

All the best for you!

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks for sharing... I too would warn of speaking to your daughter against the WT
    My JW daughter loves me I know that .But as she said "I love Jehovah more MUM &
    must obey HIM,so I wont talk to you any more".She has on very rare occasions like,
    when there has been the death of her sister or another tragic thing going on in family
    So be warned.I suggest you do read the book suggested, God bless

Mouthy

• confuzzled777
    confuzzled777

welcome to the board.....Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience. I was df'd 1 year ago this month, but will start working on reinstatement beginning of next month, only to fade back out again. (long story!)

My first thought when you mention talking to your daughter about your decision is this......and I know that everyone is different........if my parents told me tomorrow that they were leaving the org. I would follow suit and never look back. I fully trust their judgement and know that if they had lost faith in the WTS, that there was a damn good reason for it.

I understand the concern that others have with your decision. Follow your gut.......usually that is the right thing to do.

just my 2 cents.......

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome to JWN! Just in case you don't know, there are many women who were persecuted for leaving their abusive jw husbands. It happens all the time in the organization.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

welcome, no talky talky yet. Take it easy, read get prepared and then decide, listen to tha board!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hugs to you ((((((( WhatHappened )))))))

• meangirl
    meangirl

Welcome and thanks for sharing your story. All I can say is wow and I am so sorry you had to go through all that. Sending hugs your way.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit