Governing Body member John (Jack) Barr has died on Saturday, December 4, 2010.

by wtorino2000 9 Replies latest social current

• wtorino2000
    wtorino2000

I just received an email from a friend that GB member John Barr is no longer with us. With the passing of the old-timers, will the "young" GB seize the moment to actually bring the organization back to Jesus? Or, are they afraid of the ghosts of the hardliners?

wt

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

lol....

Welcome wtorino2000!

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Welcome!

(a bit of old news here however ... http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/202856/1/GB-Member-Barr-dies )

Stick around and get new light before it hits the street!

• sd-7
    sd-7

I thought it was the younger GB members who were pushing the organization-focus in the first place, not the older guys. Have you SEEN the Faith in Action DVD?

• Gerard
    Gerard

Boohoo

• Gayle
    Gayle

welcome, wtorino, happy for your first posting,,your good questions we ponder and so far it doesn't look too promising.

You will find this site great on getting all the WT news and updates. Fact is, we get them more quickly than even JWs. On this site is such great analytical skills of so many getting any information and processing what is said, it's probable real purpose, and any future reality outlooks.

We did learn of this news about Barr the day he died. But still glad for any information you get regarding the WTS. We, or many of us, start biting at the bit like crazy when there's news.

• baltar447
    baltar447

I fear that, just as when the apostles died off, things will only get worse. I feel like the current GB is taking the course of Reheboam. This last year has seen the GB featured SO much that it seems idolatrous to many. Look for things to get worse and control to tighten and get more whacky.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Welcome to the fold, wtorino2000

You asked,

With the passing of the old-timers, will the "young" GB seize the moment to actually bring the organization back to Jesus?

Has the organization ever been with Jesus in the first place?

Syl

• wtorino2000
    wtorino2000

Soldier77 - Thanks for the welcome!

Wannabefree - Didn't realize the news was already out. I'm a bit new to the site

Sd-7 - What's that DVD about?

• wtorino2000
    wtorino2000

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I am glad to be here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit