Sept 2010 Watchtower - Anyone have a pdf copy?

by Nice_Dream 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

Does anyone have a pdf copy of the study copy of the Sept 2010 WT? Thanks!

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I'd be interested in one too. It's cited in another thread as indicating a bit of a different tone in the WT.

• Black Sheep
  • Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

Thank you. Sending you a PM Black Sheep

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Thank you.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I read it and found nothing special. Everything said had been repeated many times before. The direction for the WT conductor is the same as was years ago when I did it. Some of us forget that the religion is made of people, people who are trying to do what is right. The problems are with the controls, apocalyptism and isolation.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

This was one of the most aggressive Watchtowers on controlling the rank and file via the GB. Whether Barr really had a problem with it I doubt we will never know. Probably the next year of Study edition Watchtowers will give an idea on where GB 2.0 really stands.

A couple of quotes taken from this thread.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/194939/1/WT-September-15-2010-The-Faithful-and-NOT-SO-Discrete-Slave

We cannot hope to acquire a good relationship with Jehovah if we ignore those whom Jesus has appointed to care for his belongings. Without the assistance of “the faithful and discreet slave,” we would neither understand the full import of what we read in God’s Word nor know how to apply it.

In this time of the end, Christ has committed “all his belongings”— all the earthly interests of the Kingdom—to his “faithful and discreet slave” and its representative Governing Body, a group of anointed Christian men. The anointed and their other sheep companions recognize that by following the lead of the modern-day Governing Body, they are in fact following their Leader, Christ.

Jesus had prophesied that “on arriving” to inspect his domestics during “the conclusion of the system of things,” he would find a slave providing them “food at the proper time.” He would pronounce that slave happy and would “appoint him over all his belongings” on earth. As Head of the Christian congregation, Christ has used this “faithful and discreet slave” to administer His Kingdom interests on earth. He has provided direction for the anointed “domestics” and their “other sheep” companions by means of a Governing Body.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

The link is coming up as the October 15th issue. Do you have the 09/2010 issue? It's not on the jw.org site anymore. Thanks!

Thank you for posting some quotes LostGeneration...this is quite the quote: "... by following the lead of the modern-day Governing Body, they are in fact following their Leader, Christ."

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

OOPs yes, I read the Oct 15th not the Sept.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit