making apostate predictions .

by refiners fire 9 Replies latest jw friends

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Late in 1993 I made a prediction to an innactive, but still believing, JW.
    The prediction was that the Understanding of the "generation" would be changed before the end of 1994 and that it would become a figurative generation.
    As it turned out, I was wrong, they changed it in November 1995.
    But the Witness still rang me up and asked how I could possibly know that 2 years before the org did. The guys a rotten apostate now.
    hehehe.

Anyway, last night I did it again to another innactive believer, I predicted that the blood stance will be abandoned, and that Child molestation is going to hit the headlines. The second ones pretty straight forward, a nice little teaser for him to gain confidence in my "prophetic" ability. Something to stick in his mind. I set a time frame for the big one, the blood matter. 5 years.
    What do you think?
    Will I be proven a "false prophet" in his eyes???

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Only a year off on your 1994 prediction? If only the WT had your track record, I would go back.............

“We all fell down from the milky way, hanging around here for the judgement day, heaven only knows who’s in command.”- Jimmy Buffet

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

The 1994 prediction wasnt actually a "prophecy" as such. There was hard evidence, precedents had been set in the past. So I was pretty sure on that one.
    Same with the Molestation prediction, I already know its going to happen.
    But the Blood prediction...ah! Pure prophecy.
    I have no evidence, nothing solid, to base it on, Its purely a prediction made after consulting the "Spirit of Apostacy".
    A gut feeling.
    I feel a shift in the way of the world towards acceptance and non controversy. The WT leaders dont even know it themselves, but they are irrestistibly drawn to the bed chamber of the harlot.
    They have their corporate empire to be concerned about.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

The blood prediction is definitely correct, however, the time frame and methodology may be off. In order to minimize legal liability, the Society will back off from the blood doctrine in stages. It will begin soon, but it will be 25 years before JW's are really free to take transfusions.

Here's another one: The total number of anointed being sealed in 1935. This whole anointed fiasco is nothing but an embarassment to them. I really can't believe they haven't fixed it yet.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

25 years you say!!
    That is a long time, and the world moves very fast these days.
    Still, in 25 years I will be pushing 70 years old. Prophets of the Russell ilk usually tend to set their ultimate fulfillment date at the the far extreme of their life. Then, when their predictions fail, and they are old, they promptly die of "disappointment".

A 25 year predictive scenario is pretty common. Russell bought himself 35 years of prophetic life! Yes, perhaps I should have set the final date much further in the future to give myself more years of prophetic credibility.

The 1935 an(n)ointed.
    Never thought of that one. Would you care to consult the spirit yourself on that one??

• gumby
    gumby

Quote: I set a time frame for the big one, the blood matter. 5 years.
    What do you think?
    Will I be proven a "false prophet" in his eyes???

5 years? I'll guess in the next two.The fact that no blood cards were issued this year tells me something's brewing in this area and has been for some time.

With so many changes in medicine and their already botched job with this issue, I'll 'predict'that the entire matter will be a conscience matter with the strong suggestion it is still wrong...."you'll answer to Jehovah"

I don't see how RF would be labeled a prophet. Your not proclaiming to be a spokesman for God as does the society.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Gumby.
    Indeed, just having a bit of fun here.
    Still, I DO have a gut feeling on blood.
    Indeed I dont claim that anything printed is more than personal opinion.

Perhaps I will rephrase that last sentence and take it out of the language of doublespeak...
    Everything I write is mere personal opinion.

Didnt Russell say THAT too?
    Only difference is...he said it was personal opinion AFTER he was caught in the jaws of the predictive trap.

Perhaps some good little Betheldub is cruising here observing on behalf of the org. Heres a thought for you my friend, maybe the annointed 1935 lot could be some kind of "generation", that would allow you to consider the dates 2005, 2015 as "significant".

• moneypenny
    moneypenny

Well here goes.....I predict the WBTS will distance themselves from the blood issue in stages, by making more blood fractions a matter of conscience therefore putting less peoples life in danger, but I agree with a previous post that it could be many years before they abandon it for good. That way there will be fewer members left who have lost loved ones to bring law suits against the organisation.

I am not defending the organisation on this issue but I cannot begin to imagine the hurt these people would feel if it was suddenly abandoned now, especially if children are involved who had little choice in the matter.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Moneypenny

law suits against the organisation.
    Surely noone would think for a moment Jehovahs loving organization would be concerned with such BASE motives.
    Rather:
    lost loved ones
    There is the deepest concern in the hearts of our "Mother" organization.
  • RunningMan
    RunningMan

The blood issue will take time to change.

The first step will be to change it into a personal decision that isn't really a personal decision, like voting. It will still be wrong, but people will be conditioned to think that it was their own idea.

They will then need to wait for a generation to die. Then, when they finally scrap it altogether, they can say "this isn't a change, it's always been this way."

The vaccination doctrine was changed in 1952. There are still some old, die hard JW's who won't take a vaccination. But, today, most JW's don't even know it was banned.

This is how the blood doctrine will die.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit