The Watchtower are Right About Blood...

by cofty 556 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

The Bible clearly says that God forbade Noah and Israel to eat blood. I think that what you are saying is that the prohibition does not apply to eating the blood of a living creature? I disagree because blood is blood either from a living or from a dead animal. God prohibits the eating of blood. If you want to take the risk and eat blood from a living creature or advocate it to others from your derivative interpretation.......

"You must not eat any blood in any of your dwelling places..... 27 Anyone who eats any blood must be cut off from his people.’” Lev 7:26

compare

"Tell the Israelites, ‘You must not eat any fat of a bull or a young ram or a goat." Lev 7:23

Based on your logic, it was o.k.for the Israelites to eat the fat from living bulls and rams

• SAHS
    SAHS

“FayeDunaway”: “Blood is sacred because it represents life. Life is so sacred we should do anything to save it. Including using blood to save life. This is actually the most respectful way we could treat blood, to use it to save life. It's what blood is for, to preserve life. If you take a life, you are blood guilty. If you let someone die because they need blood, you are blood guilty. . . . It is disrespectful to let someone die and not use the lifesaving gift of blood.”

Now, that is the most plain, simple yet powerful logic I have read yet in this thread. It’s what we are all thinking, and it’s the simple, logical truth with which any person having any sense at all would readily agree. To anybody outside of the JWs (including even the strictest Orthodox Jews, for God’s sake!), anything beyond that would have to appear as just nonsensical, whacky gibberish. Although, when you think about it, what else would you expect from an arrogant and self-serving cult?

• cofty
    cofty
    This thread has absolutely nothing to do with medical risk.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

Cofty,

This thread has absolutely nothing to do with medical risk.

You have made that clear in a previous post, but you also made some medical remarks too.. My medical post was in response to MS who linked medical. Sorry for going of topic. But his links required a response. By the way, Gen 6 says nothing about blood specifically or implied. Did you mean Gen 9?

• cofty
    cofty
    Test
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

Seems that everyone agrees that based on the Bible it was not ok for Noah or Israel to eat blood from living or dead animals?

But was it o.k. to eat human blood?

"......Should I drink the blood of the men going at the risk of their lives?” So he refused to drink it. " - 2 Sam 23:17

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Fisherman said:

"Seems that everyone agrees that based on the Bible it was not ok for Noah or Israel to eat blood from living or dead animals?"

No, not everyone agrees. Have you read the whole thread?

Ok, I'll repost this post of mine from page 8..

"Leviticus 17:15 illustrates that an Israelite could even eat a unbled animal if necessary, and if he had not taken the life. The result was nothing more than ceremonial uncleanness that required bathing."

http://ajwrb.org/bible/new-light-on-blood

"Blood running through the veins of a living creature represents life, and if someone took a life, he had to pour out the blood and give it back to God.

In the case of an animal that died of itself, no human had taken a life, and this requirement could be waived."

http://ajwrb.org/bible/blood-and-the-mosaic-law

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Cofty

Maybe I missed something, but you said:

If an Israelite was to bleed an animal without killing it - as the Maasai do - and take the blood to the altar, the blood would have no sacrificial value for the simple reason that no life had been taken.

Now, I do agree with you on this, but I haven't seen this clearly stated in any scripture of the OT. Only later the writer of Hebrews claims that "without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness." (Hebrews 9:22) And yet, even there's a connection with animal sacrifices where the animal was slaughtered so that the blood was shed, I still am struggling to see an instance in the OT that says that the blood of a living animal is unsuitable to be presented in the altar.

Eden

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

defender of truth says:" No, not everyone agrees. Have you read the whole thread?" in response to "Seems that everyone agrees that based on the Bible it was not ok for Noah or Israel to eat blood from living or dead animals?"

See the "?"! I saw you swimming around my posts. I knew that you would open your mouth. LOL

• cofty
    cofty
    it was not ok for Noah or Israel to eat blood from living or dead animals

It's as if you haven't read a single word. Lev.11:38,39. An animal found already dead cannot be bled.

I'm just in from a long day out but tomorrow I will respond to your points in detail.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit