iPad -- Which King James Bible is available?

by FatFreek 2005 2 Replies latest social entertainment

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Hi All,

My wife (not a JW) just got an iPad. It seems to be very good as a reader -- we now get Little Rock's Democrat Gazette every morning before our hard copy is delivered in its box near the road.

Now she wants a copy of the Bible ready for the click. Her hard copy is the KJV, red letter edition. I downloaded one of perhaps scores available but there seemed to be no way I could save it, like to a PDF format. There also was no index to Bible books, chapters, etc.

Hey, this is all kinda strange to me since I've been a PC person since the early 80's. There's probably one out there that is formatted for a reader like the iPad but for me, finding it is like a needle in a you-know-what.

Any suggestions?

Len

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I use the University of Michigan web site with an online KJV. You should be able to access that through Safari (can't try it myself, I don't use an Ipad). The down side is needing web access to do that. This web site uses little graphical content and loads quickly, so it's compatible with slower connections. Give it a try!

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Hi GL,

Yeah, I just tried that but I remembered she must have an offline version since our web access is normally slow.

I'm in the process of downloading "Touch Bible Free". I'll see how that goes.

Len

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit