Feared Mexican drug lord was an ex-JW

by Gerard 9 Replies latest social current

• Gerard
    Gerard

The Mexican drug war has left more than 30,000 dead since December 2006, courtesy of drug cartels fighting between themselves and against the security forces to gain control of the lucrative smuggling routes to the USA. One of the most ruthless cartel is known as "La Familia", a quasi-religious drug gang led by Nazario Moreno González (aka: El Chayo); he was killed in a shootout with the federal police about 3 weeks ago. He preached his organization's "divine right" to torture and kill their rivals (decapitation or disolved in acid is quite common).

As it turns out, Nazario Moreno Gonsalez was an ex-JW who used his recruiting skills to adoctrinatepeople into working as gunmen and vested them with the "divine justice" to kill cartel rivals.

In this report in Spanish (http://impreso.milenio.com/node/8880342 ) it is reported that the Catholic episcopate in Mexico is warning the public on the growing danger of dealing with a Christian fundamentalist organization (La Familia Michoacana Cartel) dedicated to transnational crime.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I wonder what tactics he used for conversation stoppers.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

My daughter worked in an office that had a special division dedicated to prosecuting La Familia. If you ever see someone with a tear tattooed in the corner of their eye, they are probably La Familia. The tear denotes someone they have killed. At one arraignment, my daughter stood next to several of them. She said she could sense...for lack of a better word...the "evil" in them and she couldn't breath.

The Federal Prosecutor assigned, and his family, live under 24 hour federal marshall protection. He can't even drive himself anywhere now...and hasn't for years. All for about $125,000 a year.

Think about that the next time you b*tch about federal employees.

• satinka
    satinka

As it turns out, Nazario Moreno Gonsalez was an ex-JW who used his recruiting skills to...

Wow, I guess he was never taught to use his powers for niceness instead of evil...

the Catholic episcopate in Mexico is warning the public on the growing danger of dealing with a Christian fundamentalist organization...

Hmmm...I wonder if the Jehovah's Witnesses could be labeled as a Christian fundamentalist organization... They have some extreme views, attitudes and teachings.

satinka

• Scott77
    Scott77

I do not know what to say but Iam not surprised. I agree with Satinka that JWs 'have some extreme views, attitudes and teachings'. Look! they are trained to be confrontational in defense of their 'truth.' They attack other churches in their literatures for their shortcomings yet JWs overlook their own. I think, the Watchtower is a mafia-like organisation with bullying tactics similar to those used by drug warlords.

Scott77

• Gerard
    Gerard

I don't think that being a JW (or ex-JW) turned him "bad", but he must have noticed the brainwashing sway religion can have on its followers and he exploited it to the extreme.

By the way, it appears that many Mexican drug smugglers and gunmen in Sinaloa state are followers of a "narco-saint" known as Jesus Malverde , a legendary bandido/Robin Hood. A very sad way to try justify their brutality and silence their conscience.

• satinka
    satinka

One can learn all kinds of skills from being a JW. I heard that myself right from the platform. Maybe not the kind of skills one would want to put on a resume, but skills none-the-less!

• Types 73 words a minute
    • Ability to work independently (street-corner).
    • Task-oriented (service in the rain, shine, or snow storms)
    • Fund-raising skills
    • Ability to use a semi-automatic weapon...

Does that work for you?

satinka

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

" the Catholic episcopate in Mexico is warning the public on the growing danger of dealing with a Christian fundamentalist organization"

But isn't the Catholic episcopate a Christian fundamentalist organization, too?

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Hmmm...I wonder if the Jehovah's Witnesses could be labeled as a Christian fundamentalist organization... They have some extreme views, attitudes and teachings.

You're forgetting that they are just as victims of a cult just as much as you were. Just because you're no longer conformed to the mindset of a cult and an individual looking in from the outside of a cult doesn't mean you're free to view your former friends as fundamentalist.

Yiz

• undercover
    undercover

See?! See what happens when you leave the "truth©"?

Had he remained close to Jehovah he would have never gotten involved with drugs or the crime underworld that is responsible for the misery and death associated with it. Oh, how this wicked world has fallen so far from true worship and from the true God. This should be a wake up call to all who have left the safety of the organization. The longer one stays away from true worship, the more apt one is to find themselvs in a similar situation. Only protection from Jehovah through his earthly organization can protect you from falling into such a trap.

The preceeding was a dramatization of the next COs talk in your local congregation...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit