freedom of religious belief in JW

by tosko 2 Replies latest jw friends

• tosko
    tosko

JWs are advocating religious freedom for the simple reason that they want to be recognised as a religion in some countries and freely advocate their beliefs. THey believe they should be given equal rights as a christian denomination. But i happen to know, when a member of JWs wants to leave the organisation, there are meetings with the elders, things are said to you that only WTS is the true organisation of God.
    My point is, they demand freedom of belief for their followers, but do they grant that freedom to anyone who wishes to leave the organisation? According to Article ?? of the HRD every person has the right to freely choose his religion....freely to CHANGE his belief (can't quote it exact). Do JWs actually give freedom of belief to their own followers?

• CornerStone
    CornerStone

Hello Tosko and Welcome to the board!

Well, to answer your question, IMO, the Jehovahs Witness faith CAN'T give freedom of belief to their own followers because they never had it to offer them in the first place.

In the WEST, at least, religions don't usually hold a gun to your head to force you to stay. However the .org leaders will 'sanction' you if you go: family breakups, no business deals, lifelong SHUNNING and other evil things.

What is even worse is that the .org leaders LAMENT over the fact that they can't outright KILL those who leave their cult. ( I forgot the WT that was on, mabey someone can remember. )

I think it is just a matter of degrees when it comes to how a religion or belief system treats someone who wants to leave. If your a Catholic, you could walk away without much trouble, but if your a JW and try to walk away GOD HELP YOU. They will send their NAZI STORM-TROOPER ELDERS AFTER YOU to 'catch you' in dissapproved activity and thus 'deal with you' in their eyes. The .org leaders REALLY are sad they can't stone you right there, just like the Pharisees'.

CornerStone

• tosko
    tosko

Thanks for your reply. Do you know any specific reference (proof) of this? Any place where either they themselves speak of this or any former members who have written letters or statements about what was done to them?
    How do you reconcile freedom of religious belief with the judgement that JWs are offensive heretics?
    Thanks
    T

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit