Why people don't believe in God

by pressman 87 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

DD, loved your analogy about the absentee father and the shotgun indoctrination!

• Simon
    Simon

Did an asylum close recently?

Do you want to know why I think people don't believe in God?

Not that I care what you think of my beliefs.

Well I believe people don't want to believe in God because they are scared.

That's why I didn't care - I knew you'd get it wrong.

The reality is that most belief is driven by fear. Those who don't worship are the ones without fear of some angry super being zapping them.

They know that if they finally do gorge the confidence to believe in him, he might discipline them for their skepticism.

See, you are hiding your own fear of your 'loving' god and projecting it on others. Not sure what 'gorge' means. I've noticed theists often aren't very literate.

Now I would like to invite everyone on this forum to wake up and open your eyes to see that God is true and real. For he is God the Lord. The creator and ruler of all. As the scrolls say: "But as ye God is trueth, our wordeth toward you was not yea and nay." (2 Cor. chap. 1 v. 18)

I blame all that olde worlde language they make you read. Also, FYI, a supposed statement by the supposed witness doesn't constitute evidence. "The bible is true! (says the bible)". Can you understand why people with intelligence laugh at that logic?

And remember that just because you don't have proof of the lord, doesn't mean he isn't real.

Ok, you seem confused. None one has proof (because it doesn't exist) but it's not *us* that need it, it's you. We're fine not living in fear of the being that their is no evidence of.

Believing in the Allah, the greatest spirit to ever live, will make your life pure.

Wait? Allah? Not Yahwe? What about Thor and his mighty hammer?

How exactly does he make our life pure? Is he like a Britta filter?

All he wants us to do is recognize him and live everyday for him.

I think once you sign up there is a much longer list of rules. Also, doesn't he know I'm busy?

I realize that anyone who says they don't believe in God either had a rough childhood or just doesn't want to admit there is something greater than them, someone who gives them moral absolutes to follow.

Basically you can't accept the fact that anyone can chose not to believe because of reason and logic ...

I beg all you who don't believe to not be afraid.

I'm only afraid of god's mentally deranged followers. Him? Not so much. Allah schmallah.

God does not want you to be misled into oblivion. All he wants is the best from you and for you.

That's awesome! I love god, he's so kind and generous and forgiving. Oh no, wait ... is there an "or else"?

Anyone who does not believe in the Lord is part of the worldwide religious problem. You need to wake up and stop being selfish for everyone's sake. Do not live your entire life without recognizing the true Yahweh because you will truly regret it when your dead.

I knew it. He's going to smite us isn't he? Those loving gods really know how to put a downer on things.

Ah well, I have to go do some sinning now. It's hard to fit in to a busy life but us godless have to make time to do it. It's what we live for after all.

Please remember and think about this: on your deathbed you will realize that you were wrong, god isn't coming to save you and you have wasted the life you were lucky to have. You will realize you are exactly like billions of other people who were deceived by superstitious nonsense. You will know that we were right.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Thank you for enlightening me, I thought my disbelief was due to lack of evidence, but alas it's fear.

• pressman
    pressman

Everyone can try and indoctrinate me with the so called evidence of disdain but i think you all are living in fear. That mental fear is so deep inside you all that you are taking it out on me. It is locked so far in your subconscious that you all think there is no fear. see what scientific evidence can do to you. Making you disrespect the holy god out of selfishness. Remember everyone, when you find the truth, you will also find a lot of lies. When you finally give god the benefit and truly believe, you will realize the so called undisputable display of no god is purely based on mans ignorance. People these days are so blind to the fact, if only they would give the holy one a chance. You might as well just in case hell is real.

I want you all to remember that he is the creator and does not need sustenance like we do and certainly does not need any of his creations to sustain him. God does not require sons or symbolic means of relationship but has direct relationship with us. That direct relationship is closed when we are born. it is up to us to get it back somehow and all it takes is genuine faith. to get that faith, you must follow Allah's words and commands revealed to his prophets. Do not follow man but the holy book. for God is everlasting and ever living, without beginning and end. if you want an example, that is why euros, jews and arabs have great living conditions without having to bust their ass as much as other people. Because God blesses and curses generations according to their ancestors deeds and sins. However God is just and his nature requires him to bring out changes upon earth and heaven as he sees fit. you see, god wants you to disbelieve in him so you can bundle up all your nerves and see the reality of him someday. The reason most people say they don't believe in the lord after its been proven is because of their pride or they just don't want to because of fear of being inferior, as i previously said. I just pray for those who say they don't and pray there eyes and heart will be open. do not believe in scientific proof because it is misleading. I am only trying to help you all after all. do not be apart of the billions of pathetic men who believe they are superior in knowledge. because at the end of the day, we are human beings and don't know nothing.

i have just came here to share my wisdom with the people here but you all don't want it. you just want to do what you want to do. and i respect that. but it is so frustrating to see that all of you are brainwashed. for goodness sakes. how can you people say that there is no god. if there was no god then none of us would be here today. if there are other Christians reading this, just ignore these people who say there's no god or that the bible is fake. They are just blind by the lucifer and they are too weak and scared to take off there glasses and see what god has done to save us for our sins. And for the people who believe in god but think that hes not helping you, trust me he is right by your side right now. you just have to have faith and believe in him. The evil lucifer is working over time to make you have disbelief, vexation, and anger towards god. God will never turn his face away from you so you just have to trust in the lord. The lord is coming back very soon and I beg of you to just read revelation in the bible. this chapter in the bible was written years ago and it tells you what is going to happen in the rapture. if the bible is so fake than how is it that it tells us what is happening as of right now. because in the end, which is close by the signs, you all will come to an understanding of the true god when your getting judged by him. Then, you'll want to believe in him because he's right there in your face. but guess what? It will be too late. And he will say to you all, depart from me for i never knew you. And that means all you atheists and non believers who have rejected god. i am just praying that you all will see the truth. Praise the holy creator. give thanks to the beauty and life. for he is love and kind. the one true lord and father of us all.

• Simon
    Simon
    That mental fear is so deep inside you all that you are taking it out on me.

You know *you* were the one that started this topic ... right?

You might as well just in case hell is real.

Ah, the old "what if you're wrong?" chestnut. Well, I am actually god and this has all been a test and you have nearly passed - you just need to send me $10,000 to be guaranteed of eternal life. Can you afford not to just in case it's real?

i have just came here to share my wisdom with the people here but you all don't want it.

We don't think you have it but whatever you think you have we don't want it.

The rest of what you said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG3dfwEkGos

• pressman
    pressman

simon, "doesn't he know I'm busy?"

this is a prime example of the arrogance of men. all the holy lord wants you to do is recognize him and live for him. The longer list of rules is to protect you. that is your decision though. like I said, he just wants you to get the courage and see that he is real.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

We used to have religious and 'spiritually minded' posters here like Little Toe, Narkissos, James Thomas and Jgnat who brought an intelligent perspective on faith without the condescension of this . . . individual.

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    You might as well just in case hell is real.

Ah, the old "what if you're wrong?" chestnut. Well, I am actually god and this has all been a test and you have nearly passed - you just need to send me $10,000 to be guaranteed of eternal life. Can you afford not to just in case it's real?

Lol, this made my day.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    this is a prime example of the arrogance of men

That you can post that without feeling the smack of irony across the back of your head is astonishing. How nice it must be to make such fantastical claims unencumbered by the need for evidence or logic, you really are a wonder.

Bravo

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

pressman: i think you all are living in fear.

We have ALL denied that and yet you insist to know our motivations better than we do even though you don't know a single one of us personally.

I think you are incapable of reason and rational thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit