Why people don't believe in God

by pressman 87 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

You don't have to be dumb to subscribe to the literal truth of Scripture - but it sure helps.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Believing in the Allah, the greatest spirit to ever live, will make your life pure. All he wants us to do is recognize him and live everyday for him.

That's all he wants?Just live every day for him? If that's 'all' he wants he sure is a very simple fellow, but he needs to add a little charm in his life and stop being so glum over peoples belief systems and stop the killing sprees when he don't get the things he wants.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

An absentee father "allows" his children to suffer untold hardships. Many children die, waiting for their father to return. Many of his children doubt that he is the person they have always been told about. Where is he? Why does he let them suffer when mommy said he he could stop it, if he wanted to? In the meantime, some of Dad's supporters have killed their siblings for questioning his whereabouts and parenting style.

Dad shows up one day. Some of the children voice their outrage over being abandoned for most of their lives. Why didn't you help us? Where were you? You could have done something! We don't want you here!

Dad pulls out a shotgun and together with his "faithful" children, kills every child that questions him. Then he tells the rest of the children how much he loves them. "Don't you dare question my methods or you will be in oblivion too! I love you, now come sit at my feet and praise me!", says Dad.

THAT is why people don't believe in the God of the Bible. Any parent who is a no-show in their children's lives doesn't deserve praise. If there are unavoidable circumstances that keep Dad away, then he still has some explaining to do. BTW, this would mean God is not all-powerful.

A loving human father would never act like a maniacal, egotistic, despot. Only a sad, co-dependent victim would love a father like the one mentioned in my example. Sadly, the world is full of non-reasoning, closed-minded, co-dependent, enabling victims.

DD

• Heaven
    Heaven

Well I believe people don't want to believe in God because they are scared.

Incorrect. Once I stopped believing my fear vanished.
  • mgmelkat
    mgmelkat

My favourite quote:

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then He is not omnipotent. Is He able, but not willing? Then He is malevolent. Is He both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is He neither able nor willing? Then why call Him God?

Epicurus (c. 341 - c. 270 BC)

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    This guy knows what God wants and likes kinda sound a little like Anthony Morris 3 and his sock puppet Jehovah getting all disgusted when people wear spandex and ball hugging blue jeans.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

pressman: God is not something you can see or not see with just facts and evidence. you have to believe. not study, but believe.

I only believe things because of facts and evidence. Even then I am always open to new facts and evidence which may cause me to re-examine my beliefs. If I was or am wrong, I change my beliefs. This is what rational people do.

pressman: You see, studying so called evidence takes nothing from you to do.

Clearly, you don't know how to study. Really study is hard work.

pressman: You just open a book and let your eyes twirl.

Thank you for proving my point!

pressman: Eden one, god, allah, Yahweh. the lord has many names. He loves them all.

Well, now we know you're not a JW! ... lol

• garyneal
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Sadly, Epicurious did not know the great minds at the WTBTS Inc.

God is willing and God is able, he is just waiting for the appropriate time to act.

How would you update the quote from Epicurious to address the above statement?

DD

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

pressman: oubliette, sorry but sitting down and considering so called evidence is an expression of fear.

You're right. I was afraid I'd been duped by charlatans into believing lies and was in a religious cult. It took courage to face the facts, examine the evidence and see the truth, the REAL truth, not the fabrications of men.

Now I have embraced reality and am no longer in fear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit