Why people don't believe in God

by pressman 87 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    you have to believe.

Why? If I said you must believe in the Easter bunny, would you, simply because I said you must? Obvious you wouldn't, so why do I have to believe in God on your say so?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Do you want to know why I think people don't believe in God? Well I believe people don't want to believe in God because they are scared.

You asked if we wanted to know and then said your erroneous belief. Are you confusing "belief" with "fact"?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Now I would like to invite everyone on this forum to wake up and open your eyes to see that God is true and real. For he is God the Lord. The creator and ruler of all. As the scrolls say: "But as ye God is trueth, our wordeth toward you was not yea and nay."

God is real, indeed. I pray you wake as well.

This Book is not to be doubted.... As for the unbelievers, it is the same whether or not you forewarn them; they will not have faith. God has set a seal upon their hearts and ears; their sight is dimmed and grievous punishment awaits them.

Quran 2:1/2:6-2:10;

Wait, you were talking about Allah, right? The one true God? Because if not, I've no idea what infidel religion you are talking about.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

"this is all speculation but I know its probably true."

bwahahahahaha!!!!!! Do you see the contradiction....? Probably not

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

Ok all I am god prove that I am not!

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    I rejected belief in god after a long process of carefully considering the facts.

This sums up my feelings. Only I'm just now starting my careful consideration. Hasn't taken much thigh tbh.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    you have to believe. not study, but believe. You see, studying so called evidence takes nothing from you to do. You just open a book and let your eyes twirl. Having faith takes the integrity mixed with your inner power.

Oh, my mistake. I didn't realize you were advocating being dumber to believe in God. Hippolytus you are not.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I don't even want to read past the opening post to reply. I want to give a fresh answer.

I truly wanted to believe in God because he gave meaning to my life. Many here used to believe and didn't leave because they were sinners afraid of Him. That's a bunch of malarkey.

But you convinced me to abandon atheism with a simple couple of sentences: Now I would like to invite everyone on this forum to wake up and open your eyes to see that God is true and real. For he is God the Lord. The creator and ruler of all. As the scrolls say: "But as ye God is trueth, our wordeth toward you was not yea and nay."

Of course, I don't mean it. Nice try. A call to wake me up and a scripture won't do it. Will a call to make you read some science books and a Richard Dawkins quote wake you up to atheism? NO? Too bad.

Your generalization is quite insulting and wrong. My disbelief has nothing to do with a rough childhood or a fear to admit there is something greater than me. God simply has to demonstrate clearly that He is there. He has to do this for me, not in some way that YOU say happened already.

I am sure you are afraid to admit God might not be there. You are afraid all your prayers and time spent on serving/worshipping/praying/etc. was just wasted and you might as well have been doing something else.

And are children born in Hindu, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist families just as "selfish" as atheists if they don't suddenly accept YOUR LORD as THEIR LORD?

I will tell you one thing about the God you are so sure is there. Go to a childrens hospital and find some 4 to 8 year old little girl with a terrible ailment caused by birth defects or some terrible disease. If the God you worship were there, He would prevent that ailment/disease in that innocent little girl. But He doesn't, because He cannot, because He's not there.

• azor
    azor

Pressman - The mental gymnastics you have to jump through to try and make a point makes me want to cry and laugh at the same time.

Cry because I weep for the blinders people will put on to try and keep a semblance of their belief. For many it is just to much to lose god along with their religion, family, and friends. If you really feel the way you just described how did you ever analyse and see that the jw's are wrong? Why didn't you just continue to blindly follow and believe their interpretation of the bible?

Laugh because the line of thought you portrayed makes me think that you are just taking us all for a ride on this joke to demonstrate how ridiculous belief in jwism is.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Go to a childrens hospital and find some 4 to 8 year old little girl with a terrible ailment caused by birth defects or some terrible disease.

We have some posters here saying there is value in child rape. That's the kind of thinking "because Jesus" leads you to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit