Why people don't believe in God

by pressman 87 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pressman
    pressman

Do you want to know why I think people don't believe in God? Well I believe people don't want to believe in God because they are scared. They know that if they finally do gorge the confidence to believe in him, he might discipline them for their skepticism. Now I would like to invite everyone on this forum to wake up and open your eyes to see that God is true and real. For he is God the Lord. The creator and ruler of all. As the scrolls say: "But as ye God is trueth, our wordeth toward you was not yea and nay." (2 Cor. chap. 1 v. 18)

And remember that just because you don't have proof of the lord, doesn't mean he isn't real. Believing in the Allah, the greatest spirit to ever live, will make your life pure. All he wants us to do is recognize him and live everyday for him. I realize that anyone who says they don't believe in God either had a rough childhood or just doesn't want to admit there is something greater than them, someone who gives them moral absolutes to follow. I beg all you who don't believe to not be afraid. God does not want you to be misled into oblivion. All he wants is the best from you and for you. Anyone who does not believe in the Lord is part of the worldwide religious problem. You need to wake up and stop being selfish for everyone's sake. Do not live your entire life without recognizing the true Yahweh because you will truly regret it when your dead.

• cofty
    cofty

Instead of threats and emotional blackmail how about some evidence?

I rejected belief in god after a long process of carefully considering the facts.

If there is something I missed please share it now. I don't want to be wrong any longer than necessary.

I suspect you have nothing. You are all "sound and fury" aren't you?

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

So... Allah is the true Yahweh? How do you construct that from the holy book of Islam? Just curious. Your jewish co-believers must be interested in that and inquisitive minds want to know.

Eden

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Pressman: Do you want to know why I think people don't believe in God? Well I believe people don't want to believe in God because they are scared.

Thank you for sharing what you think, not that I asked. Now it's your turn to allow me to share with you what I have concluded concerning the question of the existence of God:

There is no God, certainly not of the type portrayed by the Abrahamic religions. The evidence against the existence of such a God is overwhelming and the evidence for is non-existent, just like the God which his proponents claim to worship.

Fear had nothing to do with me coming to this conclusion. Rather, it was the result of a lifetime (over 5 decades) of intensive and prolonged rational examination of the data on both sides of the issue.

That being said, I do not consider myself to be an atheist because that would require absolute knowledge. This is something which no one possesses.

Here's one of my favorite quotes on the subject:

Those who raise questions about the God hypothesis and the soul hypothesis are by no means all atheists. An atheist is someone who is certain that God does not exist, someone who has compelling evidence against the existence of God. I know of no such compelling evidence. Because God can be relegated to remote times and places and to ultimate causes, we would have to know a great deal more about the universe than we do to be sure that no such God exists. To be certain of the existence of God and to be certain of the nonexistence of God seem to me to be the confident extremes in a subject so riddled with doubt and uncertainty as to inspire very little confidence indeed. - Conversations with Carl Sagan (2006), edited by Tom Head, p. 70
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

To the OP: I don't know whether God exists or not.

[some people] just doesn't want to admit there is something greater than them - I admit that there are people on this forum, and out in the real world, who are greater than me in many matters. God, if he even exists, is also greater than me.

If God wants me to worship him or live my life in a certain way, he's going to have to come with something better than the bible or the quran.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Do you want to know why I think people don't believe in God? Well I believe people don't want to believe in God because they are scared.

I realize that anyone who says they don't believe in God either had a rough childhood or just doesn't want to admit there is something greater than them, someone who gives them moral absolutes to follow......pressman

LOL!!..

Zealots on both sides of the fence want you to Accept their Faith,with No Proof..

• azor
    azor

It's funny how you use fear as the reason for not wanting to believe. I do want to believe but the evidence does not support my desire. Show me the proof.

You may have concern about being disciplined for being skeptical. That says more about you than anyone else. From my observation of human nature and god. The construct of it is one of each individuals ego.

I would never have imagined a god disciplining me or anyone I cared about for being skeptical or using what was given each of us by him "our brain". I certainly would never discipline my children for asking perfectly legitimate questions.

I wonder what kind of childhood you had to believe of god in this way.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    God has done nothing for me and the god of the Bible killed a lot of people including allowing his own son to be tortured and killed. I think worshipping this guy will only lead to bad things. I have more love in my little finger then this God.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Rotfl!!! The irony is delicious. For years i was afraid NOT to believe now this guy says im afraid to believe lol....

• Spectre
    Spectre
    Whatever god we're talking about here, if he's going to "discipline me for my skepticism", then he's a real asshole.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit