The Original Sin

by ablebodiedman 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Ge nesis 3:3-5

At this the serpent said to the woman: "YOU positively will not die. 5 For God knows that in the very day of YOUR eating from it YOUR eyes are bound to be opened and YOU are bound to be like God, KNOWING good and bad."

Consider just the title of the book; "Knowledge that leads to everlasting life"

The Original Sin

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Good illustration. I never really thought about it like that.

Nobody wants to die, it will be the one thing humans will always try to escape.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Cheating death is baseline of all religion. Death is a part of us just like it is a part of everything in the universe. Everything dies and accepting that fact is the first step to true enlightenment.

The myth of Adam and Eve speaks volumes about this dilemma's longevity. Even our ancients were thinking about it. For some reason humans have awareness of our mortality.

A species aware of it's mortality will always try to escape it. But that's the trick of being human: only when going against the grain and accepting death does one truly experience life.

-Sab

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman
    Good illustration. I never really thought about it like that.
    Nobody wants to die, it will be the one thing humans will always try to escape.

That is why the same lie works so well today. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society have taken that same lie and delivered it in a different package. Different words which mean the same thing. I personally believe that the Apostle Paul was making reference to that SAME lie in 2nd Thessalonians Chapter 2.

. 9 But the lawless one’s presence is according to the operation of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and portents 10 and with every unrighteous deception for those who are perishing, as a retribution because they did not accept the love of the truth that they might be saved. 11 So that is why God lets an operation of error go to them, that they may get to believing the lie, 12 in order that they all may be judged because they did not believe the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness.

I am therefore convinced that the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is indeed fulfillling bible prophecy!

abe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit