Vanderhoven7 - new heaven and new earth

by Hoffnung 0 Replies latest jw friends

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

Vander wrote the comment below in the thread http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/203055/14/Are-they-really-that-bad. As that thread was already very long, I thought to make it a seperate one to give him the opportunity to elaborate on the scriptural backing he can present for this. Vander wrote:

"I believe it can be shown that the Bible teaches that there will be a new heaven and new earth. Heaven, in the form of new Jerusalem, will eventually come down to earth and heavenly life will flow from that city to the nations that previously had not known God or His Christ.

Not only will the nations be subdued under the iron rule of Christ and His elect, but there will be discipline, loss as well as salvation and sins forgiven in this (millennial) age to come...forgiveness except, of course, for the sin against the Holy Spirit which involves a clear rejection of the Savior.

The wicked (those who have sinned against the Holy Spirit), will perish in the second death at the end of the mellennial reign.

Yes, paradise is heaven...and the elect will dwell in that heavenly city, but heaven and earth will be one.

I'd be glad to share what I see as scriptual backing for any aspect of the above.

Vander"

Although it is a very appealing picture of the future, I have my doubts that the new earth can be seen as the literal earth where we are living on now, the more as the source is a quote of Revelation 20-21, and Vander wrote about one month ago in another thread "I do agree that it is not wise to base doctrine solely on apocalyptic literature which is highly symbolic by nature. " (http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/201876/3/Is-the-Soul-Immortal-Biblically-Speaking) As far as I know the only other place in the bible where this was repeated, is in 2 Pet 3, and this could be understood as a warning for the christians living in Judea for the soon to come events of 70CE, where the Judean society and the city of Jerusalem were brought to destruction. Further I would like to know what time frame is intended with "eventually", if possible.

Vander, I am looking forward to your comments, the platform is yours

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit