Got "THE letter" ....how to proceed?

by 2pink 6 Replies latest jw friends

• 2pink
    2pink

Hi all,

my husband and i faded/mysteriously disappeared from meetings over a year ago. we've had a few visits from elders (where we said very little but thanked them for their time), the last one being when we had some nice jack o lanterns sitting on our porch. on saturday, we got letters cordially inviting us to our beheading, i mean, our judicial committee meeting. the crime? "celebrating false religious holidays".

anyway, we are so over the JW bs....we are never going back to that crap. BUT we don't necessarily want to get DFed either...just bcs it will make things more complicated for the few JW contacts we do have (ie friends' parents, business contacts, etc).

i remember reading a long time ago about a letter we can give them threatening legal action if they DF us without our consent. does this letter actually work? and is there anything else we can do at this point?

thanks so much for any input!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I suggest you tell them to kiss yo black ass and move on with your life.

The letter you are refering to is from a poster named lennyinbluemont...I think try searching that name.

• darth frosty
  • DocBob
    DocBob

Several people including Lenny used parts or all of my old letter at http://www.docbob.org/wordpress/?p=22

Back then it usually stopped the judicial action. From what I hear it no longer has that effect. It does give them something to think about though.

My original purpose was not to be threatening, but to get the elders that I used to serve with to think about their real role. They are not scriptural elders but agents of a multinational mutli-billion-dollar corporation.

• DocBob
    DocBob

Oh, just noticed two threads, same name :)

• 2pink
    2pink

the 2 thread post was an accident....but thank you for all the replies. i really appreciate the advice!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Oh I see Doc Bob already responded.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit