Taking blood automatically disassociates you?

by lostsheep82 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lostsheep82
    lostsheep82

I don't get how you are disassociated if you take blood, if you are unrepentant according to the elders manual on Pg 111. Now do they have this SAME elders manual in Bulgaria?

Also if you join a nonnuetral organization you dissasociate yourself automatically. So I wonder if some poor janitor brother with his own business became an NGO with the UN if he would have been cast out! Without a doubt!

This religion is so wishy washy it makes me want to puke:(

• pirata
    pirata

I believe the "automatic disassociation" was the technicality made to appease Bulgaria. That way they could say they do not take disciplinary measures for those that take Blood. Instead, by taking Blood they are choosing not to be JWs. See the difference?

• alanv
    alanv

Especially since the baptism changed question in 1985 where you have to agree to act inaccord with the organisation.

Clearly if you take blood you have stopped of your own accord being one of Jehovah's Witnesses. From there point of view it was a clever move as it was the person themself that showed they did not want to be part of the org.

• lostsheep82
    lostsheep82

I like your point Pirata:) I wasn't baptised till '96 so I don't know about this baptism question.

• TD
    TD

"Automatic" is probably not the best word to describe it because JW Elders still have to investigate the matter and determine what actually happened.

Voluntary disassociation was invented to avoid further prosecution under the Espionage Act. Interfering with military recruitment is illegal and it could easily be construed as interference for a religious organization to punish its members for joining the military.

When someone enlists in the military by signing the documents, raising their right hand and taking the oath, etc., there is no doubt that the act was voluntary and deliberate. The elders simply need to confirm that it actually happened.

Transfusion is far more complicated because there all sorts of things that could make the act either involuntary or only partially voluntary. What if they were unconscious? What if they were confused or scared or both? What if they were only semi-lucid? What if they didn't realize the consequences?

It's one thing if the person says, "Yes I accepted a transfusion. I was fully conscious and knew what I was doing. I'd do it again. I don't care if I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses or not. Now get the hell out of my sight."

It's quite another thing if the person says, "Yes it happened, but I was very badly shaken up by the accident. I was a passenger in the car and didn't have my ID with me. I still want to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses and feel terrible about this. It would never have happened if I had been in full possession of my faculties. I really wish one of you had shown up to help me that night."

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I believe it is an automatic reason for a JC but the results would be in question if three men judge the heart of an innocent person

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Fantastic, now where can I get some blood?

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

TD - what about someone, when asked by the elders about blood, says

"I don't mean to be antagonistic, but I just don't share my personal medical decisions with anyone who is not part of my team of doctors. I fully intend to exercise my hippa rights to medical privacy, and if any individual were to attempt to inquire of any medical treatment I may or may not have received, I would be left with no choice but to file suit against such a person. I don't mean to say that in a way that comes accross threatening, it's just that I must do all I can to ensure that my medical privacy rights are respected. However, you can rest assured that I have done absolutely nothing that would violate anything the Bible says about the medical use of blood. But now, I'm going to need to ask you to refrain from inquiring or discussing my private health matters any further. I cannot emphasize enough how serious of a legal matter it is that nothing involving my medical decisions be mentioned or discussed by anyone whatsoever."

• White Dove
    White Dove

Why am I suddenly craving tomato juice?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit