Whoops! TSA Missed a Loaded Gun and it Boarded a Plane.

by Yizuman 8 Replies latest social current

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Quote:

A man accidentally brought his loaded .40 caliber gun onto an airplane. He didn't know he had it. Neither did the TSA, who completely missed it during its scan and allowed that plane to fly. Apparently, this happens a lot.

Farid Seif, a Houston businessman, usually carries the weapon around for protection. He didn't realize he had kept the glock in his carry-on computer bag until he was mid-flight. Once he landed, he immediately reported the incident (and was stunned he was able to get it on board without hassle). That something like this happened should be scary in itself, but authorities tell ABC News says that that sort of incident isn't exactly uncommon:

Experts say every year since the September 11 attacks, federal agencies have conducted random, covert tests of airport security.

A person briefed on the latest tests tells ABC News the failure rate approaches 70 percent at some major airports. Two weeks ago, TSA's new director said every test gun, bomb part or knife got past screeners at some airports.

Source: The TSA Let a Loaded Gun Get on an Airplane

Proof that the TSA program is a complete failure and a waste of money. Time to scrap the program and replace it with a more reliable and proven program, like the Israeli TSA version program.

Yiz

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

That's crazy!

Makes me want to shake my head and never stop...

What's all the frigin security for anyway?

Harassing people and putting on a good show?

Snoozy

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

It's all fluff and feel good nonsense. That is why they have to use technology to attempt to find things the actual PEOPLE are idiots. There is a reporter who does this stuff all the time I don't know his blog but I have read it before all the crazy stuff he does and has no problems. He used two part epoxy to make a friggin' Rambo knife in the bathroom on the far side of the security check point in the last post he made I read. He just had a mold came through security with it then mixed the epoxy and MADE a knife in the bathroom sharpened it and everything then got on the plane with it. And it wasn't like a jack knife it was like some sort of giant Rambo/ninja thing. Hilarious, feel good idiot nonsense is all TSA is.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Human beings are fallible. Not everyone takes thier job seriously. It's a crap shoot.

TSA seems to be more interested in the fleshy "gun" and cockpits they get to feel out during the "pat down" searches.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Gotta watch those pesky guns walking straight onto the planes.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Your tax dollars at work...

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Old news.

Scanners and such have been shown over and over to be nothing more than window dressing to make people feel safe.

The true security comes via intel, profining and well trained security/intel officers.

Just ask Israel.

I can show you a dozen ways to sneak a hand gun into a plane, and probably a dozen more on how to take explosives onto a plane.

And all that was part of a minor spec ops course I took when I was in the army.

• beksbks
    beksbks

The point is that if we are depending on humans, they will never ever catch everything. It's going to happen again, and there's ultimately nothing we can do that will be 100%. The BEST thing we could do, is stop stomping over the rest of the world making enemies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit