Religion and Sex

by whereami 5 Replies latest jw friends

• whereami
    whereami

This poor caller/Christian had no chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO8eubj23dQ

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

They lost me after they said the Pope was too old to masterbate

I think the caller made them look bad..

Snoozy

• whereami
    whereami

"I think the caller made them look bad.."

You're kidding right Snoozy?

• Heaven
    Heaven

Religion has to have and use sex or how would it be able f*ck people over like it has for centuries?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Heaven - "Religion has to have and use sex or how would it be able f*ck people over like it has for centuries?"

Pun intended?

Seriously, though, I would be more specific; conservative authoritarian religion; liberal/progressive religion doesn't seem to make a big deal about it(from what I've seen, anyway).

Demagogues (religious or otherwise) have always preferred their subjects direct their energies towards advancing "The Cause" (whatever that happens to be); a comfy, sexually satisfied populace isn't much inclined to take over the world (or at least, the demagogue's little corner of it), after all.

And lest anyone think that authoritarian regimes might actually want their subjects to breed like bunnies, remember, conversion (by whatever means) is generally faster than building up numbers through procreation. Historically, very few ARs have had that kind of long-term worldview; especially apocalyptic millennialist groups. There are a couple of exceptions, of course, like the "Quiverfull" movement.

• techdotcom
    techdotcom

It would be interesting to study and research how past and current religions coop the sex drive as a means to further their goals, either for control or enticement. As a fundamental urge, and one that few people spend analyzing I can see where it could be an effective path to minipulation of a persons thought processes and actions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit