Where is the Writing Department?

by moggy lover 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

With the printing facilities for the magazines having been moved to Canada, can anyone tell me where the Writing Department is now located?

Are they:

Still in Brooklyn?

In Patterson?

Canada?

• Erreve
    Erreve

Hi everybody,

The printing facilities have been moved to Canada?

When?

This is amazing to me because in past we have been informed here in Brazil that it was Jeovah's provision that the World Headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses be in USA as it is the land of freedom and guarantee of Civil Rights, what would help to keep the brotherhood spiritually feeded during the difficult days ahead, when the near coming Great Tribulation begins. And I was convinced to that by this argument.

This moving from USA to Canada, to me, seems to indicate one additional evidence of a changing among the religion leadership in the beliefs of the imminence of the end.

• Heaven
    Heaven

This is amazing to me because in past we have been informed here in Brazil that it was Jeovah's provision that the World Headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses be in USA as it is the land of freedom and guarantee of Civil Rights,

The USA no longer has these rights and freedoms ever since 9-11 and the inception of The Homeland Security Act.

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Actually, the headquarters is still in America, just not in Brooklyn.

Much of the executive work is still carried out there. But most of this has shifted to Patterson, NJ.

For cost saving measures however, much of the printing facilities have moved out of the USA and placed in Canada. Evidently the Watchtower, though still an asset rich corporation, is having a ready cash flow problem, so it has to make decisions that reflect this new reality.

It is still possible, given the advance in technology, that the writing dept can still be in Patterson, while the actual manual work of printing can be done in Canada.

• pirata
    pirata

Magazines printing consolidated in Canada.

Books, Brochures, Tracts, etc printing consolidated in Brooklyn. Writing committee is still in Brooklyn, the only place where God's holy spirit makes deep truths known.

• factfinder
    factfinder

The writing dept is at the WEC in Patterson, NY.

Magazine printing for the USA was moved to the Canada branch. In September 2010 Canada began printing magazines for the US (Starting with the Jan.2011 issues).

Wallkill, NY printery still prints Bibles, books, tracts and brochures for the US and Bibles and books for Canada.

WT plans to enlarge both wec and wt farms facilities.

They are having a cash flow problem, true!

Graphics Dept. is at Brooklyn as is the GB. All approved literature is sent as computer files to the various printing branches from Brooklyn. And GB spends half week in Brooklyn and half week at Patterson!

• moshe
    moshe
    It is still possible, given the advance in technology, that the writing dept can still be in Patterson

Hell, they could be doing the writing from Miami Beach right now, if Jehoobah's spirt was strong enough to tell them to get out of that snowdrift.

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Thanks, FF, Moshe, Pirata, Erreve and Heaven for the comments.

Its nice to keep abreast of the new moves going on.

• moshe
    moshe

In the near future, to save money, the WT will begin using freelance writers- and all thanks to the Internet! - and beach Wifi!

PS- OutLaw, I am sorry the picture is so small- I know a little more "heat" would be welcome on a cold winter night.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit