book study

by ssn587 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ssn587
    ssn587

Does anyone know what book will be used for the next book study after this book?

• pirata
    pirata

"Bearing Thorough Witness" About God's Kingdom (2009)

It's a "commentary" on Acts of Apostles with lots of application for modern day witnesses today about the preaching work.

• unshackled
    unshackled

I'm no longer up to date on the meetings schedule. Wasn't the book study scrapped, and replaced with a family study night? Also heard rumblings of shortened Sunday meetings.

If somebody doesn't mind...what is the new weekly schedule? Thanks.

• yknot
    yknot

( rummaging through my bookbag )

Dearest ssn587,

How happy I am to hear you expressing 'sincere' interest in one of our fine WTS publications!

Not wanting you to lose zeal in this matter I would humbly like to place with you a copy of this exciting publication!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4kxady

Should you find you prefer following along with a mp3 of this outstanding commentary please consider www.jw.org offering of such!

(roflmao....snicker, snicker, snicker......sorry couldn't resist been drinking old-time (1917-1918 WTs) koolaid all day)

• pirata
    pirata

I'm no longer up to date on the meetings schedule. Wasn't the book study scrapped, and replaced with a family study night? Also heard rumblings of shortened Sunday meetings.

"Book Study" had the name changed to "Congregation Bible Study", was merged with the "Theocratic Ministry School" and "Service Meeting" (which were both reduced by 10 minutes each to make room for the 20 minute congregation Bible Study). Unfortunatley it's not really a Bible study, it's still a book study, and you still look up the Bible texts to "prove" what the book says.

The Sunday public talks are now 30 minutes.

Those are the best changes the Faithful slave has implemented recently :)

• Listener
    Listener

Do both these meetings (the one on Sunday and the other during a weekday evening) go for 2 hours? If they are shorter what was their reasoning?

• pirata
    pirata

Meeting times are still the same, but the Sunday meetings 15 minutes shorter because the public talk is 15 minutes shorter. I don't rememer ever getting an official reason for the shortening of the talk.

• Pastelder
    Pastelder

If you heard the quality of the talks given in my hall you'd know why they were shortened. It's a good thing I'm deaf in one ear and can't hear in the other.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit