Facebook search "Charles Manson" -- now he thinks I'm a friend?

by FatFreek 2005 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

No, I haven't really done that one but I've thought of searching for several acquaintances from Kingdom Halls years ago but not if they become aware that I've looked them up. I don't want Facebook to announce to these folks that "Fatfreek wants to be your friend". I don't want to appear to be boot licking -- I'm simply curious.

As far as I know I'm as anonymous as one can be on Facebook but that may be my naivette showing through.

What say you Facebookers?

Len

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

As far as I know, no one can tell if you have looked for them, although I have heard of some new application called"is someone looking for you?" that might be a problem.

Anybody else know about this application?

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones
    Is It Possible to Know Who Views Your Profile on Facebook?

Would you like to know who views your Facebook profile? If the answer is yes, then I have bad news for you. This action cannot be done because Facebook doesn’t allow it.

Applications that claim to be able to do this don’t work because Facebook makes it technically impossible for them to do it.

This is the statement in which Facebook address this issue on its Help Center page:

“ Can I know who’s viewing my profile or how often it’s being viewed?

No, Facebook does not provide a functionality that enables you to track who is viewing your profile, or parts of your profile, such as your photos. Third party applications also cannot provide this functionality. Applications that claim to give you this ability will be removed from Facebook for violating policy. You can report applications that provide untrustworthy experiences by clicking the "Report Application" at the bottom of the application’s About page, or by clicking "Report" at the bottom of any canvas page within the application. ”
    On one hand this means that you can’t know who is looking at your profile, but on the other one, this also means that you can snoop without worrying about being discovered.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Charlie was probably just thinking of stopping by with a couple of hot chicks to spend the evening.

By dawn's light, they'll be long gone, as will you.

"When the rabbit screams, the fox comes running - but not to help." - Hannibal Lecter

• nelly136
    nelly136

Third party applications also cannot provide this functionality. Applications that claim to give you this ability will be removed from Facebook for violating policy. You can report applications that provide untrustworthy experiences by clicking the "Report Application"

umm, i would assume if you can report the non existant application that supposedly cant tell someone whose visited their profile, then its too late and its probably already violated the facebook policy, and it will continue to monitor vistors to profiles until facebook gets round to bolting that particular stable door.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Thanks all, as I head over to Facebook.

Len

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

"When the rabbit screams, the fox comes running - but not to help." - Hannibal Lecter

Hey Nathan!

Actually it was Mason Verger who said that ;)

• beksbks
    beksbks

Now that would have been cool

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

PC said, "Actually it was Mason Verger who said that."

Oops! Good catch!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit