Feeling a Bit More Normal

by Cthulhu 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Cthulhu
    Cthulhu

For the first time since I got out of the cult, I am now wearing a Santa hat at work. I feel worldly. I feel normal. To quote a certain Bob Wiley "I feel good, I feel great, I feel wonderful."

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Another nice thing is to be able to listen to Christmas music, without having to try and drown it out or block it. Actually being able to enjoy the decorations and music, and not worrying if that Peppermint Stick ice cream sign has embellishments or the eggnog is going to stumble someone, is nice.

• feenx
    feenx

Baby steps...

Baby steps to the Christmas tree.What do you know, it's way more fun to put up and decorate a tree than I ever gave it credit for.

HO HO HO

Baby steps to the kitchen.....mmmmmmmm Egg Nog

*think to himself, "why do people like this again? I guess not everything about xmas is for me*

Baby steps to the window....oh look...there's people with book bags walking down my street. In the cold and snow. Heh.

*thinks about aquiring a Santa suit just for such opportunities begging me to run down the street*

I COMPLETELY understand the feeling "normal" thing. It's kind of an odd experience at first, at least it was for me.

Being out for a while now, I laugh at many things that witnesses get so uptight about.

• Ding
    Ding

Like the Pharisees, the WTS majors on minors.

Isn't it amazing what a big deal they make over Christmas?

Christmas is too commercialized? Then don't get caught up in it; set sensible limits on your spending.

Christmas is secular or pagan? Then use the time to actually focus on Jesus.

We don't know the actual date when Jesus was born? So what? Who cares?

You'd rather not celebrate Christmas at all? Fine. Then don't. But stop considering yourself superior to those who do.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Good for you, Cthulhu.

Right on, Ding.

Syl

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More
    Like the Pharisees, the WTS majors on minors

Wow, I love that! So true.

Anyways, I'm enjoying the Christmas spirit all around and it feels GOOD! And I agree with everything said so far by y'all above. I'm even into FRUITCAKE!! ok, I know i'm one of the few...

• Think About It
    Think About It
    We don't know the actual date when Jesus was born? So what? Who cares?

Yes......the WTS should probably shut the hell up about not having dates right.

Think About It

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

I feel great! I'm gonna buy a small Christmas tree with a lot of coloured light-bulbs. Yea, it's true that Christmas is a pagan celebration, but what the Hell, Christianity is a pagan religion! All religions are man-made and I'm gonna take the fun part and wipe my a...s with the doctrines.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit