Check Out the Dictionary.com Word of the Day!

by Cthulhu 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Cthulhu
    Cthulhu

The word of the day for December 14, 2010, just in time for those off to Kingdom Ministry School to go over the new elder's manual, is BRAZEN. Spiritual food at the proper time, and this time from a source other than the Faithful and Discreet Slave (AKA Governing Body of JW's)

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

I shook my head and ruefully chuckled when I saw that today's word is 'brazen', Cthulhu!

"The WTBTS: Twisting Words Is Our Business, So We Can Then Snoop Into Your Business™"

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

I boldly and without shame went into field service today. I hope they won't disfellowship me!

• Cthulhu
    Cthulhu

This just in from headquarters -

"Dear friends,

Upon further researching the word brazen, we have determined, with the help of our good friends at Dictionary.com, that is would be appropriate to not only continue in abandoning our former brazen ways, as we continue to put on the new personality, but also keep away from things that may remind us of such ways. Therefore, we feel it is in the best interest of the flock, as shepherds of that flock, to fully separate ourselves from brazen objects. That is to say, that in the same manner as we have formerly destroyed physical vestiges of wicked and brazen spirits, such as occult books and related items, we should now destroy personal items made of brass. It has come to light at a recent GB meeting, by means of a 2/3 vote of those present, that brass had in times past been a metal used by pagans and should, therefore, find no place in the home or on the person of a true follower of Jehovah God. We know that you will delight in this further dispensation of new light and work hard to rid yourself of anything that may serve to stumble yourselves or others as the end of this wicked system draws speedily to it's certain destruction.

Your Brothers,

The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses"

Ah yes, such timely food.

Cthulhu, of the Timely Spiritual Nonsense Class

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

LOL! Bravo - that was awesome, Cthulhu.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit