Ever Disturbed by Something an Elder Said to You Personally?

by Cthulhu 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Cthulhu
    Cthulhu

I used to go out in service with this particular elder and after a while he developed a habit of saying...disturbing things. I remember one occasion where he reminisced in rather graphic detail about a handjob some other GUY gave him in school. I recall another service venture when we passed a woman out walking her dog and he asks "do you ever wonder how many women who own dogs have sex with them?" I mentioned this to a few faded dubs from my locale and they said they never remembered him saying shit that strange. Any similar stories out there?

• snakeface
    snakeface

No, but the one you mentioned is obviously brazen.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Yeah, I got criticized by my PO for cutting my hair a certain way. I did it to hide loss of hair from radiation therapy I was undergoing at the time--and he knew it. It was styled like this, only more faded towards the lower part of the head to hide the fact that the hair had fallen out there.

I really didn't get worked up over it though. My dad did and had an argument with the PO over it....and he was on the BOE. I think this is what started my parents leaving.

BTS

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

And I looked upon this thread and said "Let there be great bean spillage". And thus, the beans were spilled.

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

Absolutelly, they once said, we have been considering you for bigger responsibilities. They never did that again.

CP

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

Clearpoisen, HILARIOUS!

Yeah, my father had just died for me refusing to give him blood. The first Elder shows up at the hospital and when he finds out Dad died exclaims out loud...."Well, he didn't take good care of himself anyways..." YEah, GREAT spirtual help there ass...

Then another time when I wanted to write Bethel that this Elder when finding out I wanted to says..."YOU don't wrote Bethel, WE write Bethel!"

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

When my JW mom divorced my non-believing dad, the PO said to me, "well I guess it doesn't effect you too much because you're over 18."

The closest I ever came to striking another member of the congregation.

• Newborn
    Newborn

oh god! what a weirdo cthulhu! he's got a dirty mind!

So many elders say stupid things. They are just stupid!!

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

When I came out of hospital but still wasnt completely 100% social services needed my youngest daughter's older sister to "keep an eye". When she told an elder he advised her to "not get involved". The love they have for one another is so underwhelming! So glad to be free from all that hypocrasy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit