1914? Pyramid? No Way. then I die. Will i still have the hope of Resurection?

by Smoky 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Smoky
    Smoky

During Russell's time, When preaching door to door, if a person learn the truth, had a bible study, then learned and did not agree with the pyramid relationship to 1914, and did not become a JW subsuquently. When the person dies. Does he have a hope for resurection, after rejecting the current truth at the time?

Does it depend on What he rejected?

smoky

• Ding
    Ding

The only thing that matters is accepting unquestioningly whatever the WTBTS says right now, which includes immediately accepting any "new light" while simultaneously ignoring the fact that they ever taught anything else.

The members of the GB don't claim to be infallible or inspired.

You just have to believe everything they currently teach or risk being annihilated at Armageddon.

I trust that clears it up...

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

What about all the ones that left the org when 1925 came and past, proving Rutherford a fraud? I believe Dwight Eisenhower's father left due to this. It's interesting in the latest video, they speak so patronizingly of the many that left in 1914 when their rapture falied to occur as Russell claimed God and the bible promised. All these people that observed many doctrines fail and change, are spoken of as disloyal and impatient. But yet, interestingly enough they are probably seen as worthy of the resurrection by JW standards.

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

Jehovah has a list of false doctrines promulgated by the IBSA and the WTBTS that were OK to reject and also a list of doctrines that were not OK to reject.

Good luck

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

I don't believe there was a door to door ministry then in the same way as now. Not so much as the later "separating the sheep and the goats" thing that was later practiced.

Besides, back then Rusell was preaching a more or less universal salvation. What you did may mean the difference between being a consecrated saint or one of the heavenly class (not quite of that caliber) or even an earthly survivor. But virtually everyone was getting the second chance in one way or another. Even Adam and Eve.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit