OBVES What is your Status

by JT 3 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

Could you share with us your status- if you have posted it please direct me to the thread.

are you a current jw/ms/elder/active/inactive thanks

• neyank
    neyank

I was going to ask the same thing.

JT, you beat me to it.

neyank

• OBVES
    OBVES

back then when I was in Poland I used to be a pious catholic. A priest who taught religion gave me one time a gift.He himself was the author of the book and it was entitled "Eschatology" (About the final thiings) and that started me into the deep thinking about religion and I liked to mediate a lot as I wanted to explain everything that was related to my religion.I liked to debate with people about religion and I was called Jesus when I was after I was accepted a college Warsaw,Poland.
    I used to teach students about the Bible and also debated with some Jehovah's Witnesses but soon later I was gaining more ane more knowledge and found myslef alone. I abandoned my catholic religion but at the same time I felt I could not join the Jehovah's Witnesses unless they are receptive to what I had learnt from the Bible. As a result I went an independent course and the gap was widening more and more between what I knew and what the Jehovah's Witnesses knew.
    Being alone was not easy and I was kind of losing vigor but when I experinced a tragedy in which my girlfriend and my brother was involved I was in deep distres and it was 1984 and I was trying to explain my tragic experinces in the light of the Bible as I knew a lot about God and saw God's hand in what I was going through and soon after that I accidently opend the Bible on a page where the 70 weeks of Daniel 9.24-25 were written and the numbers "70" and "7" got my
    attention.It is interesting and nice coincidence as I am writing on teh importance of numbers here on this forum lately.
    Yes the numebrs "70" and "7" worked a transormation in me.It was kind of breakthrough in my life as I stood on feet again. I was almost dead and God made me alive-Psalm 88.So as you see the numbers can work miracles and I am talking about the numbers that are in the Bible ;they are also life to us as the whole Bible means life to us and the numbers there must be included just as the words that are found in the Bible.
    So I was engaged in preaching work ( I was already in the United States for a few years at that time). I was thinking for a while that the en dmight come in 1987 but as I decided to start my mission in the fall 1984 I came to conclusion that 1991 will be the end of the world.Now I undestand that was an incomplete understanding.But if God has some plans for me and He allowed for the prediction for 1991 it must have some meaning though we may not understand that in a given time. I was wrong in prediction but it wa snot a total failure jsut as the year 1914 was a wrong date for the end and yet it has some added value to it and I am using it very extensively in my calculations. We must look from a different perspective now at the predictions that are made by the true believers.The true believers cannot be false prophets.So we must have another kind of definition of a false prophet in our times and if you read my posts you shoudl already know why.
    So I have remained an independent believer and yet I am not against Jehovah's Witnesses and Luke 9.49-50 is the answer.

• JT
    JT

thanks for that very interesting background and life exp

i wish you well in your journey and serach for Truth

james

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit