JWs have to face the truth.

by Marie B. Paraison 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Marie B. Paraison
    Marie B. Paraison

The apostles were in favor of maintaining an organization, as they would have a stake in Jesus establishing the kingdom then and there. However, Jesus/Yeshua aimed for a different objective early on in his ministry. True to form, religion was a stranglehold over God’s people, and nary a difference today. To differ from His apostles, Jesus/Yeshua focused on the individual person reaching his/her highest spiritual potential. He stated his will clearly:"Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it" (Matthew 7:13).

" In response John said: Instructor, we saw a certain man expelling demons by the use of your name and we tried to prevent him, because he is not following with us. But Jesus said to him: Do not you men try to prevent him, for he that is not against you is for you"( Luke 9:49,50).

This man launched his personal ministry. It was accredited and legalized in the name of Jesus/Yeshua. He expelled demons in the name of Yeshua. Jesus/Yeshua must have thought that this man’s ingenuity was charming, and his faith should be imitated. One might say that this man was an opportunist. For one thing, this man was not constrained to small ideas.

" Now as he was boarding the boat, the man that had been demon-possessed began entreating him that he might continue with him. However, he did not let him, but said to him: Go home to your relatives, and report to them all the things Jehovah/Yah has done for you and the mercy he had on you. And he went away and started to proclaim in the Decapolis all the things Jesus/Yeshua did for him, and all the people began to wonder ( Mark 5:20).

Jesus/Yeshua did not allow this fellow to become one of His followers. Surprise of surprise! The man received an authorization for a one man’s ministry by the great teacher himself.

A major premise is: a person should take a seat in the congregation/religious institution after the vow of baptism. For baptism is the beginning of a long scholastic training. This premise does not stop everybody from moving forward. Some enterprising persons waived good byes in a short time after their baptism to embark on more learning and personal development. Oh! The way that these persons were disparaged was unbelievable, and I was not an exception in making some inappropriate remarks, because we all reckoned this action as an affront to the congregation.

Of no surprise, the Jews were clinging to their religious institution with all teeth. The disciples alike the Jews were of the persuasion that organization was needed to carry out the work of God. The temple, and the synagogue were considered as the bedrock of Jewish worship. During the ministry of Jesus/Yeshua the fear of getting expelled from the synagogue was high, in disregard of the fact that Yeshua was proclaiming the doom of the nation’s religious and secular institutions. You may ask, what can produce such an illusion in persons? The intended consequence of the destruction would be punishment to those who would not obey Jesus/Yeshua Also, the raid of the Jewish state would get Jesus/Yeshua’s disciples onto the narrow road, in the which, there were very few, perhaps two to three disciples who made an escape together. Each person was geared with the teaching of Yeshua as we are today equipped with the Holy Bible. furthermore, these words of Jesus/Yeshua would give them much ease: " For where there are two or three gathered together in my name, there I am in their midst" (Matthew 18:29).

Jesus/Yeshua was in favor of the collapse of the Jewish religious institution. As this led to many more disciples to have a personal and meaningful share in the spreading of the gospel. This free and easy ministry would promote the interest of God’s kingdom more than an organized religious business that is spearheaded by a few at the top would.

" Furthermore, when you see Jerusalem surrounded by encamped armies, them know that the desolating of her has drawn near. Then let those in Judea begin fleeing to the mountains, and let those in the midst of her withdraw, and let those in the county places not enter into her; because these are days for meeting out justice that all the things written may be fulfilled" ( Luke 21: 20,21).

These spoken words had a negative undertone and weighed on many of the Jews. Because the title deed of the promise land is written in sacred scriptures, and the land was an ancestral asset, the Jews were not about to give up that land until exiled, or plundered, hunted and murdered. Some of the Jews reasoned in every imagined way not to leave their organization. Today, there is a similar illusion in people who have inherited their religion. Initially, the Hebrews had to come out of Egypt to get to a better place, namely the promised land. Come out to get in, get out to enter, bring out to bring in, is the common theme that would resound. At this time the appeal was to get out of the land, to enter a better relationship with Jesus/Yeshua. The disciples who obeyed the warning got onto the narrow road – at large, away from subjugation and organization. Also, they declared the gospel in every territory that they found refuge.

Once again, by the passing of time congregations were formed, all the while the writing on the wall was thus: " I know that after my going away oppressive wolves will enter in among you and will not treat the flock with tenderness" ( Acts 20, 29). The flagship of organized religion imploded at the end of the apostles ministries. Nonetheless, various offshoots have been holding on to scraps, thereby they get peoples in the millions to ally with them. However, the apostle John reported some facts concerning the people who would be obedient.

" I am the vine, you are the branches. He that remains in union with me, and I in union with him, this one bears much; because apart from me you can do nothing at all" (John 15:5).

This scripture clearly speaks of the individual with Jesus/Yeshua. Sadly, many people would reverse this affirmation to say that, apart from religion, they can do nothing at all.

"Let the one who has an ear hear what the spirit says to the congregations: To him that conquers I will grant to eat of the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God" (Revelation 2:7).

The Holy Spirit is working to get the individual unleashed inside the congregation. The one who conquers will be as triumphant as Joshua and Caleb were as they entered the promised land. Of the thousands of Hebrews who made up the organization of God at that time, only Joshua and Caleb of that generation made it out safely.

The yoke of Jesus/Yeshua is light but because of failure to heed the scriptures many don’t experience this freedom. There is no individuality in tangle with a herd, and the enduring supporters of religions are hurting spiritually and emotionally. Group religion is not God’s nest. God will meet with you on the narrow road to life.

" And I heard another voice out of heaven say: Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues ( Revelation 18:4).

" go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it...( Matthew 7:13).

The repeating theme is: "get out to go in." Get out of Babylon( institutionalized worship) to go onto the narrow road. The narrow road to life is the only road to God’s kingdom. Jesus/Yeshua is the key person to the kingdom. Therefore, a person who follows the instructions of Jesus/Yeshua will not miss the kingdom.

It was revealed to the prophet Daniel that congregated people would disband during the final part of the days. "Many will rove about, and the true knowledge will become abundant"

( Daniel 12:4).

" not forsaking the gathering of ourselves together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as you behold the day drawing near" (Hebrew 10:25).

The only worship schedule in the scriptures is recorded in Leviticus chapter twenty three. The God of Israel required only seven festivals of every year. Remarkably, each festival is a time of encouragement, love and fine work. The reason that teaching is not mentioned in the scripture above is because teaching is the work of the Holy Spirit. Initially, the weekly Sabbath day was observed inside of the private home. However, because the Israelites did not own a copy of the Law, as we today have a personal copy of the Bible, they would come together as a congregation to hear the reading of the Law of Moses. ( Exodus 16:29) " Keep sitting each one in his own place. Let nobody go out from his locality on the seventh day."

A person can almost always find reasons to contradict any argument in the Bible. There are pros and cons in a wide number of subjects in the Bible. Obviously, religions have been feasting on the scriptures that seem to encourage an unflinching support for institutionalized worship. But God wants to lovingly guide each one of his people to his wellspring of knowledge. It is time to rise higher, and be the best that God wants you to be.

" And I will bring them out from the peoples and collect them together from the lands and bring them in onto their soil and feed them on the mountains of Israel, by the streambeds and by all the dwelling places of the land. In a good pasturage I shall feed them, and on Israel’s high mountains their abiding place will came to be. There they will lie down in a good abiding place, and on a fat pasturage they will feed upon the mountains of Israel ( Ezekiel 34: 13,14).

Agape,

Marie B. Paraison

Please visit previous posts.(type) Marie Paraison on the search bar.

• mamalove
    mamalove

I am still failing to correlate your title of JW's facing truth to the dozens of paragraphs you are quoting and going on about. Can you please be more concise and relay to us all your point? I mean that with all sincerity, I find your posts really hard to follow, and being so long, I think I miss the relevance. Thanks so much! Agape back to you ;)

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

not practical advice at all Marie, no correlation whatsoever to an interesting thread title that could be of help an aid yet just more copied text of a subject separated from the OT, disappointing.

• designs
    designs

Typical NT western Protestant view of Judaism sssh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit