Free Will?

by MrFreeze 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

As JW's we are taught that the reason we have free will is to decide whether or not we want to serve God. We are all very aware of the JW position on children of non-believers. They will be destroyed at Armageddon, just like the children at Sodom and Gomorrah and back in Noah's day.

These children don't have the free will to decide whether or not they are going to serve God, so why are they punished then? Isn't God supposed to judge people based on the free will they exercise?

• agonus
    agonus

Will isn't free just yet, he's still completing his prison term for his crimes against humanity :)

• factfinder
    factfinder

Is it free will if our choices are:

serve me and get everlasting life (bribary?)

don't serve me and I destroy you (coersion?)

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

• Since God created us should He have the right to expect our worship?
    • Can He demand that we follow his rules?

**Perhaps...but we should only be judged when we are in the same perfect state as Adam and Eve (and Jesus)...ONLY THEN!

If your parent treats you with love, kindness, and always willing to help you understand anything and everything...then most would reciprocate in like manor.

• We will never have our questions answered to our satisfaction... because we are not able to grasp why God has not stopped these atrocities that are being leveled againts us or even why he has allowed this mistreatment in the first place...IMO

Sw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit