Today was my first time...

by serenitynow! 8 Replies latest jw friends

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

buying Christmas gifts! I decided to participate in the Salvation Army Angel Tree program where you buy stuff on kids' wishlists. I spent the day in and out of stores trying to find cute things.

I felt really "normal," for probably the first time ever.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

That's pretty awesome. I spent my first time Christmas shopping just the other day as well. Of course, we all know how evil the whole thing is.

• agonus
    agonus

It's nice to occasionally feel "normal", isn't it? I recently had Thanksgiving dinner with my "worldly" family for the first time without ever really thinking to myself, "You're having Thanksgiving Dinner with your Worldly Family"... you know, "Worldly Family" and "Thanksgiving Dinner" capitalized in your mind the way "Governing Body" is...

• badcompany
    badcompany

Sincere happy congrats to all on this board that are unshackled and free! No regrets....enjoy the season!!!!

• Honesty
    Honesty

It is so sad that the JW's cling to every utterance out of the mouth of the Watchtower but refuse to believe God's word:

Therefore don’t let anyone judge you in regard to food and drink or in the matter of a festival or a new moon or a sabbath day.

These are a shadow of what was to come; the substance is the Messiah .

Let no one disqualify you, insisting on ascetic practices and the worship of angels, claiming access to a visionary realm and inflated without cause by his fleshly mind.

He doesn’t hold on to the head, from whom the whole body, nourished and held together by its ligaments and tendons, develops with growth from God.

If you died with Christ to the elemental forces of this world, why do you live as if you still belonged to the world?

Why do you submit to regulations: “Don’t handle, don’t taste, don’t touch”?

All these [regulations] refer to what is destroyed by being used up; they are human commands and doctrines.

Colossians 2:16-22

• sherah
    sherah

That's a great program...kudos to you on this milestone!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Nothing like getting that cherry popped, it just gets better and better from here on out.

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

Thats how we felt last year, it was great to fill shoe boxes with gifts of toys and sweets for children in the third world, and we sent gifts to our local womens refuge our Church are involved in and other various charities. The Church also arranged for acts of kindess. We will be doing the same this year.

RosePetal

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

good for you serenity, you'll make some children very happy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit