Are they stealing to order now?

by fokyc 5 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• fokyc
    fokyc

A Crescent City man scammed a DeLand woman out of more than $250,000 after knocking at her door with a Bible in hand, according to an arrest report released Thursday.

Francis L. Paul III, 46, was charged Wednesday with exploitation of an elderly person after a more than four-month investigation by DeLand police.

Paul fooled the 84-year-old woman into signing away her savings and stock holdings -- totaling about $255,000, according to the report.

Subpoenaed documents from several banks -- Paul used at least seven, investigators said -- showed the beneficiary on many of Paul's accounts was the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, an organization of Jehovah's Witnesses.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/news/local/west-volusia/2010/12/10/police-man-scammed-elderly-woman.html

• blondie
    blondie

An older woman in our area was scammed. They're always putting stuff on tv and the radio and the newspaper, detailed information, and people still fall for it...I hope I never do...don't trust anyone?

• blondie
    blondie

So was Paul working for the WTS or was he just using their name as a scam too? So did Paul identify himself as a jw?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

It takes, what, like, 300 man-hours (average) to convert a householder through evangelism these days?

Then there was an America's Most Wanted episode in which a JW family was kidnapped and gunned down (one survived to testify) when they'd stopped to prosyletize to some goth punks.

Now, there's more and more accounts of pedos scouting for fresh meat in KHs and/or after joining up, scouting during FS.

We're already hearing the death toll of 1950s-style door-to-door bible sales/ministry.

This is just another ring. Good find, though.

• arimatthewdavies
    arimatthewdavies

many scams guys going door to door claiming to be missionarys needing to buy bibles, I told 1 I would be glad to supply their need. as one of jehovahs wittnesses,how many do you need? you never saw such sad faces when they realized I wasent giveing money..I had bibles lot and lots of bibles

• arimatthewdavies
    arimatthewdavies

many scams guys going door to door claiming to be missionarys needing to buy bibles, I told 1 I would be glad to supply their need. as one of jehovahs wittnesses,how many do you need? you never saw such sad faces when they realized I wasent giveing money..I had bibles lot and lots of bibles

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit