Why do we get TTATT and others don't?

by quest81 45 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

This is true, and one reason why I think 'born-in' people can have a harder time accepting TTATT, even when they know it consciously.....Talesin

2 out of 3 "Born In`s" leave..But..

The Ones who stay are usually Hard Core WBT$ JW`s to the Bone..

TTAT isn`t going to mean a thing to them..

• talesin
    talesin

Agreed, OUTLAW.

I notice, from my time here, that many 'born in' folk leave after 20-30-40 years as an adult. That is sad for me. My life was harsher because I left, but I was gone at 18. At least I *had* a life. haha, filled with pitfalls and much learning it was, but at least it was MY choices, and MY consequences. But, I digress...

I'm happy to see the exodus of the 'baby-boomer' generations of JWS (yeah, think of yourself as that, instead of the 1975 generation - "baby boomer" is a phrase that 'normalizes' your experience ,,,) and to tell the truth - our parents' generation was MORE susceptible to the JWS because of their WWII experience, fear of nuclear warfare,. etc., so we Boomers need to recognize that - it's part of our healing. Be happy and proud that YOU could recognize TTATT. xxoo

So, that strays a bit from the OP, but hoping it contributes to the dialogue.

t :sunglasses:

• a watcher
    a watcher
    Because JW's aren't looking for reasons to NOT serve Jehovah.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Because JW's aren't looking for reasons to NOT serve Jehovah.

They do claim to be lovers of truth, though. Which makes it all the more curious that they have such an aversion to it.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

OEJ: They do claim to be lovers of truth, though. Which makes it all the more curious that they have such an aversion to it.

I believe that, deep down, most JWs know what they might find if they gave their faith the same critical analysis they ask of others. The cost is too high for most of them.

So they sacrifice their personal integrity and identity on the altar of belonging.

• Fear is the mind killer. - Frank Herbert, Dune
  • talesin
    talesin

Oubliette ---- yes, yes, yes! They have no 'sense' of personal integrity, because they have no boundaries. Their ethics are defined, entirely, by the WTBTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit