My year in songs

by ele_lux 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• ele_lux
    ele_lux

These are the songs that describe my 2010 (in that order):

1) Where is the love - Black Eyes Peas

"Madness is what you demonstrate....Can you practice what you preach and would you turn the other cheek? ... Father, Father, Father help us, send us some guidance from above. 'Cause people got me, got me questionin', where is the love? .... If love and peace is so strong, why are there pieces of love that don't belong? ... So ask yourself is the lovin' really gone? So I could ask myself really what is goin' wrong? ... Not respectin' each other, deny thy brother.... The truth is kept secret, it's swept under the rug. If you never know truth then you never know love. Where's the love, y'all? I don't know.... I feel the weight of the world on my shoulder... y'all, people gets colder. Selfishness got us followin' our wrong direction.... Whatever happened to the values of humanity. Whatever happened to the fairness in equality. Instead in spreading love we spreading animosity. Lack of understanding, leading lives away from unity. That's the reason why sometimes I'm feelin' under. That's the reason why sometimes I'm feelin' down. There's no wonder why sometimes I'm feelin' under. Gotta keep my faith alive till love is found."

2) One of us - Joan Osborne

"If God had a name, what would it be? And would you call it to his face if you were faced with him in all his glory? What would you ask if you had just one question? .... If God had a face what would it look like? And would you want to see if seeing meant that you would have to believe? ... And yeah, yeah, god is great, yeah yeah, god is good .... What if god was one of us? Just a slob like one of us?"

3) Losing my religion - REM (from me to god)

"Life is bigger, it's bigger than you. And you are not me .... That's me in the corner. That's me in the spotlight, losing my religion, trying to keep up with you. And I don't know if I can do it .... Every whisper of every waking hour I'm choosing my confessions, trying to keep an eye on you, like a hurt lost and blinded fool. I thought that I heard you laughing. I thought that I heard you sing ..... But that was just a dream."

4) God - John Lennon

"God is a concept by which we can measure our pain. I don't believe in magic,I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in yoga, I just believe in me. And that's reality. The dream is over. What can I say? The dream is over. Yesterday I was dreamweaver, but now I'm reborn. And so dear friends, you just have to carry on."

5) Halo - Beyonce (from me to me)

"Remember those walls I built, well baby they're tumbling down. And they didn't even put up a fight. They didn't even make a sound.... It's like I've been awakened. Every rule I had you breakin'. It's the risk that I'm takin'. I ain't never gonna shut you out... Everywhere I'm looking now I'm surrounded by your embrace. You know you're my saving grace. You're everything I need and more. You're the only one that I want. Think I'm addicted to your light...."

6) Don't stop me now - Queen

"I feel alive and the world turning inside out Yeah! And floating around in ecstasy. So don't stop me now 'cause I'm having a good time. I'm a shooting star leaping through the sky like a tiger defying the laws of gravity. I'm gonna go go go.. There's no stopping me! I'm burning through the sky Yeah! I'm trav'ling at the speed of light. Don't stop me now I'm having such a good time. I don't want to stop at all."

- Lux
  • Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

OMG- REM "losing my religion", about two months before I left for good- that song kept comming on the radio, I would all of a sudden hear it at work, in my car, I had my ipod on shuffle & it kept "randomly" playing during my exercising....it was like michael stype was singing to me...kept egging my on to do something to change my misery.

good playlist ele-lux :)

CHG

• ele_lux
    ele_lux

Thanks CHG. Losing my religion took a whole different meaning and protagonism in my life when I thought of leaving the Witnesses. It's sort of empowering, isn't it?

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

Nice compilation. They do take a different meaning when you can relate to parts of the lyrics.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit