Governing Body 3.0?

by Think About It 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Think About It
    Think About It

WTS GB 2.0 is fully in place now with the death of Barr. Out of the current GB members, who would be considered members of GB 3.0, or has that group started yet? The JW's might as well face it......their Armaggedon is not coming and their GB could go on and on.

Think About It

• Lore
    Lore

I would say the ones born before 1914 were 1.0 - Barr was the last of these.

The ones born before 1935 are 2.0 - This includes Samuel Herd, Theodore Jaracz and Guy Pierce.

And the ones born after that are 3.0 - That's the rest of them.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I guess I consider the original GB guys from the 70s and 80s as GB1.0

All those directly appointed by GB1.0 would be GB2.0- from G. Losch to current

Any new members apointed by GB2.0 would qualify as GB3.0

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I'm in agreement with TheListner. GB1.0 is gone, but GB2.0 was appointed by 1.0. GB3.0 won't be for a while. I think of it as when the majority of the GB members are of the 'next' group to be appointed then it becomes the next version... if that makes sense.

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

tHINK ABOUT IT; IF YOU COULD UNDERSTAND 1% OF WHAT I FORGOT ABOUT WT LIES . You may be enlightened. I'll make it easy on you, you pick the wts topic you you want to debate. give me a few day to look up all the facts and I will make you look like a jw dope. You think I pick on old men and kid jws? YOUR MIGHTY MISTAKEN. I HAVE WITNESSED to many young strong jw'as that I know would have kicked my ass. but it never happened.. Why I'm too smart, and know how to handle jw's I can take 3 jw's 25 years younger than me and disarm them and make them think about the wts. I would guess they would have GANG RAPED YOU...

• agonus
    agonus

According to Wikipedia, the Governing Body was officially established in 1971. That would mean, according to the dates given for years served, the original GB (1.0) would have been initially comprised of Fred Franz, George Gangas, John O. Groh, Milton G. Henschel, William K. Jackson, Nathan H. Knorr, Grant Suiter, Thomas J. Sullivan, Lyman A. Swingle, Ray Franz, and Leo K. Greenlees.

Now, if you consider GB 2.0 to be those who were appointed AFTER all those fellows passed away (minus Ray, who was kicked out in 1980, and Greenlees in 1984), then technically only Jackson and Morris would qualify for 2.0 since they were the only ones appointed after 2003, which was when Henschel died. As Henschel was the last WT President who was also a GB member, this actually seems fitting. I still don't know enough about Morris and Jackson to make any kind of call as to whether they might be able to finally bring a measure of meaningful reform to the org, but judging by the WT's actions since their appointment in 2005 prospects do not look particularly bright.

So, then, 1971-2003 being a period of 32 years, and GB 2.0 officially beginning in 2005 with Morris and Jackson according to the above criteria, it could well be another 3 to 4 decades before GB 2.0 is gone.

I don't think there will be a GB 3.0 as long as the current mentality continues to prevail. GB 3.0 won't have much left to govern.

• Think About It
    Think About It

I'll make it easy on you, you pick the wts topic you you want to debate. give me a few day to look up all the facts and I will make you look like a jw dope.

JunkYardDog: You stupid bastard. I've been out of the JW's since 1995. That's 15 yrs in case you are too ignorant to subtract years. Are you still upset because I wouldn't pat you on the back for going back and bullying an old JW at his place of work? Get over it you fucking crybaby. While you are at it....go fuck yourself you little dick shitbag.

I wish you were in Houston. I'd stand on fucking main street with a Watchtower, if I knew it would draw your chicken shit ass out.

Think About It

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

If you look at the dates each of the GB was added, there is almost a 20 year gap between 1977 and 1994 where no new members were added. So I would say all those appointed up to 1977 would be 1.0 and those since 1994(i.e. all the current members) would be 2.0.

No Apologies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit