Jesus was 30...I was....

by 3dogs1husband 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

12! How old were you when you gave your life to the Orginization?

3's1

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

I was 12 too! My brother was 10 and my sister was 8. We all got baptized at the same time.

Added: We were perfect little elder kids. My sis and I were disfellowshipped at the same time 6 years later.

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

ohhhhh you naughty children!!!!! Good old family dunkin' .....

3's1

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Yep! It's so weird looking back. Still remember the family study that led to that. Of course we'll do it, it'll make everyone so happy and proud of us!

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

I Love family cult joinings...it so warms my heart! My Mother honestly tried to tell me a couple of weeks ago..."you dedicated your life...you knew the truth when you where baptised" I laughed and said Mom I was 12! Are you even serious??????

3's1

• wobble
    wobble

I was 12 too. Mine was so long ago that we had to clear the pre-historic fish out of the pool first.

In truth it was so long ago,1962, that I did not "dedicate" myself to an organization, only to Almighty God, if I was still a believer I would probably view the baptism as still valid.

Interesting thread though, and further proof that JW's do not really model themselves on any first century pattern as they claim.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I was never baptized.

My Mom went against the WTS on this. She said Christ's example was that you had to be an adult before making such an important vow. She was not baptized at the time as a JW (I am not sure if she was baptized as Catholic as she never said and I can't ask her now as she is gone as are all the rest of her family).

Both my parents dedicated themselves after all of us kids were adult and moved out of the house. I've often pondered about the reasons for this.

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

What ever the reason Heaven Thank Goodness!!!!! Wobble us 12 year olds sure know how to dunk!!! Hmmm intresting thout on WHO I was baptised to????

3's1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit