News from Italy

by oldlightnewshite 3 Replies latest jw friends

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

Just joined a Ex-JW site in Italy. (the brothers and sisters send their greetings, do you want us to send our love back to them? ha ha)

Apparently, the goss is that about 2 years ago, the Rome Bethel had to chuck out quite a few bruvvas an' sistas for wife swapping, pedofilia and homosexuality. Some were sent home, some were sent off to be Pioneers and servants (???)

(when in Rome, don't do as the Romans do. Unless it's legal and/or fun)

Ciao dudes.

• Simon
    Simon
    "Apparently, the goss is that about 2 years ago, the Rome Bethel had to chuck out quite a few bruvvas an' sistas for wife swapping, pedofilia and homosexuality. Some were sent home, some were sent off to be Pioneers and servants (???)"

I'm always suspicious of these stories ... it's always something over the top scandalous as though it's designed to ruin people's reputations or stop people talking about it. Never the more likely story that "people stopped believing and were telling other people about their doubts".

I think that would actually be more damning and scary for the HQ to admit to and for people to find out about - it would make the rank and file think more ...

By all means send our regards, LOL

• wasblind
    wasblind

I agree Simon,

everytime someone left the old cong I attended, it was always said because they wanted to go out and do wrong.

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

The guy said he met a Circuit overseer that had been at Rome, and the C.O. had told a group of brothers and sisters. Whichever way it happened, they are all saying that the Jovos are all a bunch of whitewashed graves. Lol. Either way you look at it....result! Strange they weren't DF'd though. And he definitely said they weren't DF'd.

I'm just plugging them for info and gossip. They don't seem to be as clued up on the scandals though, as with Russell and Rutherford and Knorr. I have a job to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit