Please help answer comments from newspaper

by Too Opinionated 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Too Opinionated
    Too Opinionated

Here is a front page article in today's newspaper. http://www.wisconsinrapidstribune.com/article/20101204/WRT0101/12040689/Group-Holiday-lacks-biblical-roots

I know they ask you to register, but it only takes a minute. I really need your help. See, for the last 6-7 years I and a few other apostates in a neighboring town have made ourselves known, and were very vocal. But...many have moved away, or moved on. We have moved on, but I will never let Witness lies go unchallenged.

Our local congregation has been making sure to get an article in the paper every few months, which is a new tactic. Today, I will be leaving in a while for my daughters Christmas dance recital and will not be around to comment, plus we need a lot of time to get ready. There is already a Witness commenting that they are not a sect and didn't split off from another religion. Please, please, add your comments and knowledge.

• Broken Promises
  • wobble
    wobble

I was simply unable to register and log on, maybe because I am from the U.K ?????

• designs
    designs

So what exactly do you want people to comment on. JWs have their own way of doing things and their own set of Beliefs, nothing new about that. AllReligions have imbedded lies and fairy tales. As former JWs we just woke up from ours.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I am on the run too. Will try to "comment" there later. It seems all the photos of the KH and assemblies show mostly by far elderly people, not many children, unless the children are back in the "spanking" room. (Oh, maybe I'll make that comment. :) )

• Too Opinionated
    Too Opinionated

Well, it looks like the Witnesses are pushing the abuse button and having very respectful, informative posts removed. And Gayle, thanks, I just saw your post!

• carla
    carla

Aren't they supposed to send reporters and such to the PR Dept of the wt? not just your average elder?

• blondie
    blondie

carla, some local elders are designated by the WTS to act as their PR representatives. Many of them serve as such for district conventions and circuit assemblies.

• carla
    carla

Thanks Blondie!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit