Getting "Shined On" by the Watchtower

by DakotaRed 4 Replies latest jw friends

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Below is an edited copy(name and address only) of the actual letter I received from the Watchtower Society follwing two other letters I sent, one on Sept. 11, 1999 and Sept. 24, 1999. Please note the date of the reply, January 18, 2000.

As I saw it then and see it now, I leveled charges of inappropriate conduct against the elders at this congregation, yet, the elders seem to be the only ones the Society was concerned with talking to. I don't consider it a fair or unbiased investigation if you only talk to one side.

This was the only communication I received from the Society on this matter. Not even a phone call. Personally, I feel the letter was an attempt to "shine me on," as I had threatened legal action in the previous letter I posted. I also see this as why they are rotting away.

WATCHTOWER
    BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF NEW YORK, INC.

25 COLUMBIA HEIGHTS, BROOKLYN, NEW YORK 11201-2843. USA PHONE (718) 625-3600

SDR:SSI January 18, 2000

LEWIS A. W*****
    **** NE **TH CT
    MY TOWN WA

Dear Brother W*****

We regret the delay in responding to your letters but found it necessary to iquire of the elders in the Salmon Creek Congregation about your concerns. We are sorry to learn of the difficulties that you have experienced over the years. As you can appreciate, because of not knowing all of the factors involved we were unable to comment specifically on what had taken place.

We do realize that when you are disappointed with the way thngs have been handles, this could be especially discouraging and a heavy emotional "burden" to carry. This was the "burden" that David had to contend with when he was disappointed by the actions of a fellow worshiper. Yet, David had stated: "Throw your burden upon Jehovah himself, and he himself will sustain you. Never will he allow the righteous one to totter." --Psalm 55:12 - 14, 22.

We will communicate further with the Salmon Creek elders and provide direction as necessary. Meanwhile, we encourage you to leave matters in Jehovah's hands. We are firmly convinced that Jehovah's organization is wholly intent on directing the worldwide preaching work in a descreet and responsible manner.

We sincerely hope these things will work out in a way that allows you to regain your joy and peace of mind in Jehovah's service. We remember you in our prayers and send you our warm Christian love.

Your Brothers,
    Watchtower B & T Society
    OF NEW YORK, INC.

cc. Body of elders
    Salmon Creek, My Town WA

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

HA! You got them with your letter...they folded....

Great Job!

• larc
    larc

I bet that is a form letter with only the names changed to fit the occassion.

They said that you will be in their prayers? I doubt it, unless they have a 30 minute prayer with hundreds of names in it from all the cases they get each month.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

That was my feeling, larc, a form letter, readily printed. Just change the names and mail it. Still, it took them four months to even acknowledge receipt of my letters. Personally, I hope I am not in their prayers.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• Focus
    Focus

DakotaRed wrote:

a form letter, readily printed.

Without a doubt.

One of many, many types of "form" letter.

If, in error, they had included your original with their reply, you would have seen scribbled upon it something like:

"send this f****r the Psalm 55 letter"

Try again and you'll get one of the Rev. 19 letters... watch out for those ones.

--
    Focus
    (Korah Class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit