Mario Di Maggio critical review of Creation book

by Darkanyons 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Darkanyons
    Darkanyons

Hello guys,

I've trying to search out the critical review of the book Life-how did it get here? by evolution or creation? by Mario Di Maggio, but i could no longer find it in the net. Even the qoutes and links on wikipedia are gone, perhaps due to an update. still it will be great to have that critical review in hand. I also tried to check the original site:http://www.dimaggio.org/Heretic/critical.htm but it seems the site is not loading, perhaps even down.

That review was quite important for me since i was able to subtly influence a Judge who was attending the KH and studying with a brother to stop any involvement in the org right now. He simply halted to show any hint of interest due to this critical review i gave him. I definitely know this because after a month of being absent from the KH an elder tried to visit him again to ascertain his reasons why he wasnt able to attend and all he replied was that he gave the paper to the elder to check it out. The elder was quite startled. butLater the elder was trying to figure out who gave it to him, perhaps trying to trace who might be the culprit. He ask me if i was the one who gave it, and i said yes. i was waiting for any "diciplinary actions" from them but it did not yet come. Now im planning to give a copy to another elder who might be open minded and let him see the "two sides" of the book.

However, i could no longer find it in the net. If any of you here have any links to this material i am extremely greatefull if you can share it with me. thank you.

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

I was -- once upon a time -- rabidly digging through the Creation Book myself. I even contacted some of the scientists mentioned in it to make sure the info I was finding was true. I actually didn't believe it could be that bad at first. Then I contacted guys like Mario themselves. There used to be several reviews like his available online.

Mario told me that he got his research from this site if it that helps:

http://corior.blogspot.com/

It contains far more information than Mario's site, which was just a summary he'd included in a letter to the Society or local branch office. There's a list of articles and essays there. You'll have to scroll down and look for "The WTS View of Creation and Evolution."

There's a way to search for old web sites on Google and a couple of other services, so you might want to look into that as well.

IsaacJ

• IsaacJ22
  • Darkanyons
    Darkanyons

very well Isaac. thats indeed what im looking for. thanks also for the other links provided. more material for me to review.I

greatly appreciated it!!!

• dark angle
    dark angle

Well done Isaac. been looking for this also.

• RealityLove
    RealityLove

Hi everyone

I moved my Jehovah's Witness web content (including the Creation book critique) to this location a few years ago:

http://www.realitylove.eu/Heretic/index.htm

I hope people continue to find it useful. Please let me know if I can help with anything! :-)

Regards

Mario

• dark angle
    dark angle

Wow, Mario himself did answer. Thanks for the update. Good work!

• Darkanyons
    Darkanyons

Its been a long while. i'm sory to say thank you very late.

• SuperMarioDiMaggio
    SuperMarioDiMaggio

Hey everyone, I hope all is well.

I've finally managed to get round to scanning (an exact copy of) the actual critical analysis of the Creation book I sent to the JW Governing Body in 1997. I have also updated all my correspondence with them and placed it (with their replies) online.

So for the historical record, here they are:

• Earnest
    Earnest

Hi Mario, thank you very much for this. Is it possible to obtain a PDF copy of your Critical Analysis of the Creation Book?

The names Jan Haugland and Alan Feuerbacher bring back to mind a time when there were intellectual giants in this land. I hope you stick around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit