Born in / Came in

by Rocky528 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rocky528
    Rocky528

Are statistics available or does anyone have any idea what percentage of th 7,000,000 JW,s are "born in" versus "came in"?

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

I think that's impossible to know.

BTW: Welcome to the forum Rocky528

3Mozzies

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Welcome to the board!

• Rocky528
    Rocky528

I know it's kind of a dumb/longshot question but I was just curious. How about in the congregations you have been associated with; would 75% "born in" be a reasonable guess?

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

From the few congregations I've been part of, I would say that 'born in' is the norm.

3mozzies

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Born-ins are gaining on the recruits, since fewer people are going into the cancer without researching. Information is available now that wasn't for quite a long time, and recruits are going to be able to cross-reference the religion. Born-ins don't have that option.

• factfinder
    factfinder

In the congs I was in I think there were more who came in then born in, and most of the jwkids I knew when I began (in 1976 ) left the "truth."

Welcome Rocky528!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz
    Just make some shit up. It's as credible as the WT asshats.

In the 30s most were 'came ins'

thru the 50s it was more 'born ins'

in the late 60s and early seventies it was more 'came ins'

now days its more 'born ins' again

until the WT can capitalize on another real or imagined catastrophy.

Hows that for some pull it out my arse BS? !

come to think of it, maybe its kinda right though!

oz

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

Of all the congregations I know well... I would say as a general rule it's 50-50. The reason for this is cos some congs I know, the make-up is mainly all immigrants/ or foreign language. To be cynical, I think a lot use it to get free English lessons. Of the congs with just English people, I would say 70% are born-ins. I think there's a lot of newbies from the Catholic persuasion, embracing the JW religion as a backlash, then there's a lot of basically, uneducated people too.

I think it's really important for people to be able to get accurate info on JWs in their own language. Trouble is, there's still a lot of people older than 40 that have never surfed the net.

The future's bright.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit