Watchtower Farms - How Run?

by Celtic 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Celtic
    Celtic

Could someone please explain to me the principles upon which the WT Farms are run?

Does the Farm also rely upon subsidies and funding grants of any kind? If so, from whom?

From the Brothers running the Farms, is there any interest in farm diversification and environmental modelling upon the site, how is this evaluated and how are their plans forwarded into action?

Would all those that can, please send me details as they come along, anything pertaining to WT Farms please?

Peace & WhatKnot, WhatKnot indeed.

Mark

• NoLongerAjw
    NoLongerAjw

I cant be much help... but i have been their twice.. ya know the bethal tours.. From what i can tell it is mostly a place were some Jw's work and live and all it is are big gardens and animals.. thats were other bethal places gets their Milk.. eggs.. vegi's fruits, and meats.. while we were thier we didnt see a whole lot.. we got to pet a pig.. thats about it.. the rest looks like dorm rooms and a big cafetirea.. Looks like they have it so they never half to leave or rely on other people.. very cultish..
    I know this wasnt what you were looking for .. i just thought i would share what i seen..

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I'd be curious, in this day and age of organisations divesting themselves of non-core activities, if it would turn out that the farms are superfluous. As food becomes cheaper and more plentiful across the board, are the Watchtower farms all that necessary and are they less expensive than simply outsourcing the food? Of course, the free labour would distort the picture, but as farming continues to become less labour intensive, could we see the end of the farms for their current purposes? Of course, to provide sensible anwers to these questions, you'd need to get a look at the books!

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Bear in mind that there is also a huge printing operation at Watchtower Farms in Walkill; that's where they publish the magazines. So, even if the farming operation as such were phased out at some point, it's likely that the printing operation would continue there.

Tom
    "The truth was obscure, too profound and too pure; to live it you had to explode." ---Bob Dylan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit