NZ Mine Tragedy - Aussie miner was a JW

by 3Mozzies 3 Replies latest jw friends

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/aussie-miner-william-joynson-big-strong-but-trapped-in-dark/story-e6freuy9-1225958821843

After a year in New Zealand, Australian miner William Joynson and his wife Kim had begun packing their belongings, ready to return to Queensland.

The photo albums and other personal items had already been shipped across the Tasman.

After sons Jonathon, 13, and Benjamin, 10, finished the school year, the family planned to leave their modest cottage and move home early in the New Year.

The Joynsons had shaped a life in New Zealand, centred around the Pike River coal mine and the Jehovah's Witness community, of which they were active members.

Friends James Ashby and Rodger Griffiths described the man they know as Willy Joynson as a "typical Australian".

3Mozzies

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

A tragedy for all concerned! My heart is with the families for their losses, the Joynsons no more or less than the others, but for all.

May the miners rest in peace. Strength to their families.

~Sue

• porfiada
    porfiada

I hope his family is ok after the terrible floods in Queensland....anyone knows from them?

• smiddy
    smiddy

The name Rodger Griffiths rings a bell with me,can anyone enlighten me as to who this person is? I was in S.E Qlld. many yrs ago

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit