Anyone here ever live in Southern Oregon?

by Mrs. Peck 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Mrs. Peck
    Mrs. Peck

Just wondering.......it was a pretty miserable place........especially a small town that starts with a G...............

• Desert Rat
    Desert Rat

Hi Mrs Peck. I spent many years in a congregation in So Oregon. In a small town even that starts with a "G", loved the town, but it was a miserable little congregation! Did most assemblies in Roseburg, with the occasional Woodburn. DA's in Corvalis, hated when they made us go to Tacoma. Was my area any where close to your's?

• Mrs. Peck
    Mrs. Peck

Sounds like it!! I used to go to Corvallis for DA, and Circuit Assembly in Roseburg.....Hmmmmmm...............LOL

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

Yes, I did for about 4 years. Then we moved back to civilization slightly over 4 years ago. Miserable, hot, boring place, but I loved my friends there. I wasn't a JW when I lived there, though, I can only imagine how awful that would be.

• Mrs. Peck
    Mrs. Peck

Yeah, we are back in California, thank goodness!! The congregation I was in was totally dysfunctional, and from what I have heard, it still is.......so thankful to not be there!!

• Desert Rat
    Desert Rat

I have been out for a bunch of years, and I don't care who knows me or what congregation I was in, that being said, I was in Glide. Beautiful country, but a horrible little congregation. It actually branched off from the one in Roseburg. We met in the PO's basement for a year or more. Then got everything together and did a quick build on the Umpqua Hwy. I pioneered for several years there, until I found out the truth about the truth.

I began a fade, which was made really easy because my husband transfered over to Klamath Falls, then we moved again soon after, back to Nevada. Which is where I still am today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit