DO WE HAVE TO KNOW WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT!

by warmasasunned 3 Replies latest jw friends

• warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

HEY I LEFT THE J'S ALMOST TWENTY YEARS AGO, LIKE YOU I HAD MY REASONS FOR JOINING AND MY REASONS FOR LEAVING.

I'VE MATURED ALOT AS YOU TEND TO DO AS YOU GROW OLDER, SO MAYBE I'VE LOST TOUCH WITH ALOT OF MY IDEALISTIC THINKING, INSERCURITIES AND BASIC STUPIDITY.

AS MUCH AS I WOULD LOVE IT, THAT THERE WAS AN AFTER LIFE, WHERE YOU CAN ONCE AGAIN ENJOY THE LOVE OF LOST LOVE ONES, ITS NOT THE OVER WHELMING DRIVING FORCE OF MY LIFE.

BECAUSE OF THAT I THINK I AM A MUCH HAPPIER PERSON, I LIVE FOR NOW, I BASICALLY BELIVE, ALL OPTIONS AN EVIDENCE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT THAT THIS IS IT NO GOD, NO RELIGION, NO TRUTH.

OF COURSE THAT IS NOT A MANTRA SET IN STONE I AM NOT RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG, AND MY GOD IT WOULD BE SO GREAT IF THIS WAS ALL A BIG JOKE!

BUT FOR ME I GET ON WITH IT, NOT LOOKING FOR GOD, NOT LOOKING FOR TRUTH. HAPPY TO JUST WAIT AN SEE.

WHAT ABOUT YOU?

• Decided
    Decided

You just about covered exactly how I think. I just can't answer why all the universe is here or why it works like it does. If a God does exist I don't understand his mind or reasoning.

Ken P.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

One scriptures I was raised wth was Zeph 2:3 that says:

3 seek Jehovah, all YOU meek ones of the earth, who have practiced His own judicial decision. Seek righteousness, seek meekness. Probably YOU may be concealed in the day of Jehovah’s anger.

So it is hard to readjust my thinking to anything but the above...but I am trying my best to get the real meaning out of everything that I "think" I know.

• The journey may be long and it may be difficult to handle...especially when most things I was "persuaded" to believe just aren't the whole TRUTH, but it's a path I am on now and there is no turning back.

Sw

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Some of us do, and some of us don't. Not everyone has to know, that's why the Bible says those with insight would bring it to the many. For anyone who is ready for it and expecting it, we're approaching a quantum leap in evolution. Just sit back and watch events unfold over the next couple of decades and much of it will come into view. Those who love this rotten world will stay with it and reap its rotten fruitage.

Jesus said if you want to know, keep seeking, keep knocking, and keep asking, and it will be given to you. If you believe there's no answer, none will be forthcoming.

I learned something very interesting recently about this whole process of our evolution. Jesus summed up the entire Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, at Matthew 13:33:

"The Kingdom of the Heavens is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three large measures of flour, until the whole mass was fermented."

~PS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit